Sunday, September 6, 2009

Three Cheers for Awards!

I won a little bloggy award from Just A Titch, where I have to name 10 things about myself and list 10 blogs. I'll try to be interesting:

1. When I was in 2nd grade and my brother was in 3rd grade, my school had a Spelling Bee. I ended up placing 4th, losing on the word 'cousin'. (Although, to be fair, my grade used up our entire list of words and had moved on to 3rd grade words when I lost.) My brother ended up winning for his grade. The next year, my mom went Crazy-Mom-On-A-Mission and started quizzing us with words every single night. Every. Single. Night. Honestly, it's really not my ideal way to spend a school night. She had a notebook filled with words we could spell and words we couldn't spell. The funniest (but not really) part about this story? That year, the school didn't even have a Spelling Bee. Thanks, Mom.

2. When I'm at the movies and decide to get popcorn (which is sometimes always), the popcorn stays untouched until the movie begins. My brother does the same thing. Our theory is, we get the popcorn for the movie. Not for the annoying "before-the-movie" commentaries or movie previews. Why would I want to be halfway done with my popcorn before the movie even starts?

3. I sincerely look up to and adore my big brother. He's just 14 months older than me and growing up, we fought like cats and dogs. But once we hit high school, things got a lot smoother. We have bonded over our ridiculous dad and football. And, really, he's just an amazing human being. They don't make a lot of men like him.

4. I spent the first 2 1/2 years of my college career as an education major. I loved the classes but hated my internships. I had to take 3 different ones and each time, they got progressively worse. Halfway through my last one (A.K.A., THIS CLOSE to graduating), I was told by my supervisor that they couldn't pass me. So I left this major and took up journalism. I really, really wish I hadn't wasted so much time with that major, though.

5. I have always had a fascination with Russia. When I was in 3rd grade, I went to a museum centered around Russia and I fell in love. I really don't know what it is about that country that pulls me in but I would love, love, love to visit it someday.

6. I went to a progressive charter high school, starting in 11th grade. In May 4, 2006, I graduated with my high school diploma and two days later, I graduated with my Associate's degree. I took 5 college classes a semester, which also satisfied my high school credits. It was an amazing experience and I'm so glad I did it.

7. I am extraordinarily good with dates and numbers. I know the birthdates of all twenty of my 2-year-olds and most of the birthdates of my co-workers. One of my co-workers actually quizzed me on this and I aced it! I also know all the schedules of my co-workers. I've just always been good with numbers...but this has never, ever made me want to be an accountant. I hate math.

8. My favorite celebrity has been, for a very long time, Kelly Ripa. I can't always catch her show but when I do, my heart gets all warm and mushy. I love her attitude, her sense of humor, and her body. Holy crap, girl's got insane arms. I want her arms.

9. My favorite movie is not something inspiring or emotional. It's not a blockbuster nor will it make you challenge your thinking. It's Tommy Boy. I love this movie. I can quote it (and my brother and I do, all the time) line by line. I even do a pretty good impression of "My Pet." Chris Farley was such a great comedic actor and it sucks how his life ended.

10. I'd love to start scrapbooking but I really don't think I'm creative enough. I also don't know if my life is interesting enough to scrapbook. I'm not dating/engaged/married. I don't have any children. I don't travel. What's there to scrapbook? My dog?

Now I have to tag 10 blogs. Oh, geez. This should be fun!

1. Passionista at Am I The Only One?
2. Kait at KayBea
3. Steph at Steph In The City
4. Courtney at Sticky Lipgloss
5. Nanny at The Online Nanny Diaries
6. Samantha at A Change of Pace
7. Issa at The Truth Is All That I Can Hear Everytime You Lie
8. Jennifer at Somewhere In Between
9. Sarah at Postcards From Far Away
10. DeMo at Presently DeMo

Whew. That was really hard.
 
Design by Designer Blogs