Monday, October 26, 2009

Current Debates In My Head

I've had some debates rolling around in my head lately. Since I'm the worst decision maker to ever live, I keep going from one side to the other over and over again. I can't make up my mind! So I thought about throwing these ideas out and see if any blog readers can help me! Pretty please?

Debate #1: Contacts v. Glasses
I started wearing glasses in 4th grade. It was a welcome relief to not have to squint at the board in school and to sit next to my friends again as I had to move to the front of the class while waiting to get into an appointment. Since I was 10, my eyesight has steadily gotten worse and worse. I think I'm just one step above blind right now. I decided to make the switch to contacts in 10th grade. And anyone who has switched over knows of those glorious first few weeks of learning how to put contacts in your eyes. There's really a science to it. It was especially fun to wake your mother up at 5:30 a.m. because you lost a contact on the floor and need her to help you. At that time, she's not really in a helping mood. But I eventually got the hang of it and never looked back! I kept my old, crappy glasses for a few years until I realized how they were so outdated that they weren't much help as back-ups. So, two years ago, I bought the glasses I have now. I love them and think I look super-cute in them. I still used contacts up until July when I decided I needed to take a break from them for a while. So I took them out, put them in their case, and fumbled through my medicine cabinet for contact solution. Found the bottle - empty. And I also was out of contacts completely. At this time, we were also dirt poor so we couldn't afford $70 for a new box of contacts. (I'm lucky and both of my eyes are the same prescription!) Since July, I've been wearing my glasses. And I like them. They don't bother me. But I don't have prescription sunglasses so I've been without any type of sun protection when I go outside. I hate it when I'm driving, especially since I'm out of work at 1 p.m. and the sun is terrible at that time. So I've been thinking about going back to contacts but I'm not sure. I think I look better with glasses. I don't know. If I kept my glasses, I would definitely buy some prescription sunglasses because I've been miserable without them! What do you think? Do I look better with contacts or glasses? (And you can't say neither!) If you wear one or the other, what are your thoughts?

Debate #2: Long hair v. Short hair
I've had both. I won't go into the details throughout elementary, middle, and high school but I did have long hair for most of high school and then decided I needed a change during my freshman year of college. I went from long and blonde to short and dark brown. I felt so happy about it! It was my first time ever coloring my hair and it was fun. I loved the change! Since then, I've tried out other types of short hair, even going as short as the Victoria Beckham look. It was really cute but took a lot of work to get it to look perfect every day. So I let it grow out and haven't done much since there. I got bangs and have been growing out my hair. I love my long hair but I also love short hair. They both work for me, I think. I'm currently growing out my bangs because bangs really annoy me, especially side bangs. But then the way my face is shaped, I think bangs soften up my face a lot. What do you think? Short hair or long hair? Bangs or no bangs? What works for you?

Debate #3: SparkPeople v. Weight Watchers
As with the previous two debates, I've tried out both these programs. When I was a freshman in college, I used SparkPeople during my spring semester and it worked out great! I woke up early to go to the gym, ate Subway every day, and never felt deprived. I managed to lose 10 pounds that semester but when I came back home, I started Weight Watchers. And I managed to lose 10 more pounds that summer but then my weight kind of stalled. I wasn't following the program like I should have, I wasn't exercising as much as I needed to, and I was just being lazy. So I keep fluctuating between the two. They both worked for me. I feel like there's more of a community within WW, probably because I don't get involved in SP as much as I should. If I do go back to WW, I'm probably not going to go back to my meeting. I went with my mom and I feel that if I go back, I need to do this for me and only me, not ride on my mom's weightloss wagon. I found a meeting on Thursday at 4:30 which would work out perfectly with my schedule. So I'm definitely leaning towards WW. Thoughts?

I would love, love, love to hear your thoughts on any of these "issues"! Thanks!
 
Design by Designer Blogs