Monday, November 16, 2009

A Formal Introduction

I realize I've never given a formal introduction to myself. Since I have some new followers, I thought it would be proper to give everyone some background info on me. (Because, you know, I'm just so cool!)

My name is Stephany and I live with my mom in Florida. My parents divorced when I was in fifth grade and since their divorce, my dad has been in and out of my life. As of November 2007, my dad decided he didn't want any part of my life.

I'm a journalism student, hoping to graduate in December 2010. I spent 2 1/2 years as an elementary education student which I totally and completely loved. I loved the classes, I loved creating lesson plans, and I loved the kids. I felt totally at home with education peeps. The teaching part, though? I was pretty awful at it. I got bad marks all the time. All of my other student teaching friends got high marks on all their observations, but I consistently scored low. After failing my Final Internship in October 2008, I had some things to think about. A few weeks later, I decided education was not the route for me and changed my major to journalism.

I have a brother, who is 14 months older than me. We fought like cats and dogs, growing up. We were each other's best friends and worst enemies. He started dating Jenny in September 2004. They moved in together in September 2005 and their son, Jovanny, was born on September 25, 2008. They are extraordinary parents and I know my nephew is being raised by the best people possible. They are young parents but they do a better job as parents and as partners than most older people I know.

I live close to my grandparents and cousins. I have family in Ohio, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee, and California. I wouldn't say we are a close family but I know I could count on every single one of them if I needed them. We rally behind one another in times of need. Always.

I'm currently working at a pre-school which is a fun but tiring job. I work with a great group of people. I work with the two-year-olds which is so much fun. Sure, it's hectic and chaotic but it helps that I work with one of my best friends, as well as the best teacher in the center. We have a great time together and work so well together. Everything just flows.

I'm currently doing Weight Watchers, for the third time. My mom lost 80 pounds (and kept it off) using this program. I just want to be healthy and fit. And I want the other benefits: being skinny, feeling comfortable in my skin, looking hot. I want to lose about 35 pounds and I know it's not going to be easy. But it will be worth it.

I grew up in a Christian environment. (Although my father wasn't a Christian or a believer.) My grandparents led Children's Church. I know the Truth. I believe in a holy and mighty God. And I believe I need God. I just haven't been living that way for a while. I know I need to change and fall back in love with Jesus. I feel comfortable in the church environment and when I'm around other believers. I don't feel comfortable in a bar or club. That's not where my heart and passion lies. I just need a kick in the pants!

I have so many dreams for my life. I want to fall in love. I want to write a best-selling novel. I want to write for a magazine. I want to travel. I want to be a mother. I want to feel comfortable in my skin. I want my life to reflect Jesus.
 
Design by Designer Blogs