Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ten on Tuesday (vol. 6)


1. Cost aside, if you could go (back) to college for anything besides what you currently “do,” what would you study?


I'm currently in school for journalism and I was an elementary education major for 2 years. The education classes were a blast but the internships were horrible. But if I could try out another major, I think I would try secondary education. I think I would've enjoyed the classes and internships more. When I was studying education, I had a professor who taught middle school social studies and she just got me so incredibly excited about the subject and teaching. She had so many fun ideas. And I'd like to think I'd be better at teacher older kids and it would excite me more.

2. What do you do for a living? Do you love it/hate it?

Right now, I'm a full-time student and work part-time at a preschool. I love being a student and would do it forever if I could! I love the atmosphere of a college, I love the challenge of papers and projects, and I love the friendships I've made. And it's really, really scary to think of graduating and having to become an "adult."

My job as a preschool teacher is also fun. It definitely has its challenges but I get to work with one of my best friends and I love the kids. They're busy and rowdy but they are so smart and funny that it all makes up for it. Maybe not my ideal job, but I'm making the best of it.

3. What is your favorite Christmas ornament? If you don’t celebrate Christmas, what is your favorite holiday tradition?

I have two. And none of them are homemade or something from a long time ago. Truthfully, I think all my homemade ornaments look like crap and I'm sorry they have to be showcased on the tree. This girl? Is not crafty.

But my favorite ornaments are a snowman my mom bought a few years ago that is big and plump. I just think he's so incredibly cute and he makes me laugh every time I spot him.

My other favorite ornament broke on Sunday. Sunday was a weird day with my tree falling three times for no reason at all. I've have live trees for most of my life and I've never had a problem with it just falling down - after it's been standing up and in water for 3 days! Very weird. Anyway, this was another snowman ornament that had a cute snowman head and then a Miami Dolphins football body. As a lover of everything Dolphins, this was an awesome ornament that I loved and I'm so sad it broke.

I would take pictures of these but I'm just way too lazy to do it.

4. Name something you could literally do without for the rest of your life.

Tom Brady. Yes, I get that he's an awesome football player but, honestly, he just annoys me. I don't like him because he's a cheater and the media thinks he walks on water. Everything he does is amazing - even his mistakes. To be honest, he's not playing good this year and the media needs to realize that. I don't think I would hate him as much as I do if the media didn't love him as much as they do. Plus, the Patriots would be crappy without him and the Dolphins would always have a playoff spot.

5. If you were going to have any kind of “cosmetic procedure,” what would it be?

I'm scared to death of surgery and would never opt to have plastic surgery that would require major downtime. I'm not fond of my nose but I'd never consider rhinoplasty because I'm a big baby when it comes to pain. I really don't think there's anything I would consider, especially right now. Talk to me in 15 years and I'll probably have a different story.

6. Do you have any “collections”? (comic books, shoes, etc.)

Not really. Maybe magazines, although the only collection I have is Shape magazine but I throw them out after a year, mainly due to space issues.

7. At what age did you get your first cell phone?

Seventeen! I was so late in the game. I have a cousin who was seven when she got her first cell phone. I didn't get texting on my phone until I was in college (and it was only 300/month) and just this year, I got Internet and free texting on my phone.

And it was thanks to my grandma that I even got a cell phone. She badgered my mom about it until she finally agreed to buy me one. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my grandma?

8. What is currently in your purse (or pocket or backpack if you’re a guy)?

Not much. I have my wallet, a pen, and a tampon. It's very exciting, I know. I'm a very simple kind of girl.

9. Are you a neat-freak or a slob?

It depends. At work, I like to have everything neat and tidy. And not relating to the classroom itself, just paperwork and things on the tops of shelves. At home, I'm iffy. I get very lazy so my room tends to look like a tornado hit it by the end of the week and then I clean it up. And it's so nice and tidy. It makes me feel so much better when my room is clean.

When I was away at college, though, my side of the room was always so neat and clean. My roommate was the biggest slob known to mankind. It drove me crazy!

10. What kind of parent do you think you will be? If you’re already a parent, what is your style?

It's hard to say. I'm only 22 years old and while I can't wait to be a mother someday, it's probably 8-10 years away before I even think about having kids. I'd like to think I would be a good mother. I would love to be a stay-at-home mom and I believe I'll be the type of mom who loves her kids unconditionally, but doesn't take them too seriously. I don't think I'll be one to baby them and drop everything I'm doing, every time they let out a sound. I want my children to be independent and self-sufficient.

That said, I long for the day when there's a baby growing in my belly and my own children filling my life. I can't wait for that day.
 
Design by Designer Blogs