Friday, January 15, 2010

A List for Friday

  • My first week of the semester is done. It's been exhausting, exciting, and extremely stressful. Monday was horrible, Tuesday was fantastic, Wednesday was tiring, and Thursday was lovely. Luckily, I was able to get into the Tuesday afternoon class which is the best news of my week. I'm excited about this semester! I think I'm going to learn so much about journalism itself and where I fit in the journalism world. And I'm going to be tired. Very tired.
  • I have applied to become part of my school's newspaper. I don't remember how many staff writers they're hiring, but if I don't make the staff position, I can be a freelance writer. It was really nerve-wracking to be in the meeting and hear people throwing out story ideas. Newspaper journalism is not somewhere I want to be but I think it'll be such a great learning experience and also give my confidence a boost.
  • I really, really want to redesign my layout for this blog. I know exactly what I want my blog to look like but I'm not HTML-savvy at all and have no idea how I would even begin to create my own blog layout. Any tips?
  • The first week of my internship went really well. I didn't do much this week but some amazing opportunities have presented themselves for next week. I really think this internship is going to help me have some belief in myself. I can't wait to get more involved with the company!
  • My weight loss efforts really stalled this week. I'm so upset with myself and I just want this year to be different and for me to finally start living a healthy lifestyle and drop the weight. I just need to stop making excuses. That is what this whole week has been - excuses. And it's really hard to start each week, worrying about when I'm going to fail. Not if, when. It's such a sad mentality to have.
  • I've been doing fairly well on achieving my monthly goals. After my utter December failure, I've been really focused on them. I've started running and have made two brand-spankin'-delicious meals in the Crock-Pot. (Well, I made one and my mom made the other.) I've been working towards credit card payments and loved all the comments about paying them off. My balance on the cards are $300, $500, and $3,000 so it's not going to take me long to pay off the first two. I'm hoping I can get them paid off by June. The third credit card is going to take a while to pay off but I will do it! Somehow, someway. Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble "finding" time for God. I don't want to make it leftover time, as in "OK, God. I finally have time to sit down and talk to You! What's up?" I want it to be meaningful and it might require me to fast something (i.e., TV, Internet) to make this time meaningful. And my 101 in 1,001 list is coming along fabulously. I have set aside some goals I want to start accomplishing soon, have a few in progress, and even got to complete my goal of getting 20 comments on a blog post! It's happened TWICE! This excites me immensely. IMMENSELY!
 
Design by Designer Blogs