Monday, January 4, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago yesterday, I traveled up to Lakeland to pick up this little bundle of fun:


And he has completely intertwined himself into our family. All it took was a short, 45-minute drive home for him to completely wrap himself around my finger.

He arrived a little less than 7 months after the death of my beloved Minnie. Minnie was a dog my mom picked out at the SPCA when I was in fourth grade and we had 11 years before she was diagnosed with lymphoma. We found out about her cancer in late April and we had to put her to sleep on June 8th. It was the saddest day of my life, I have to say.

It took me a while to get over her death but by November, my mom and I were ready for a new dog. I am most definitely a dog person and it was rough not having a dog jumping all over me when I came home.

And then Dutch came to us. My grandma's sister gave him to us when she couldn't keep him anymore. And a mini-dachshund is exactly the kind of dog I wanted.



Dutch has been such a blessing to have. He's become such an integral part of my life. He sleeps snuggled up next to me. He jumps all over me and kisses every inch of my face when I come home. He curls up on my lap when I'm watching a movie or a TV show. He's the ultimate buddy and I'm so happy he's my dog.

Happy Anniversay, Dutchy-Boy! I love you more and more each day.
 
Design by Designer Blogs