Want an update on my mom? Of course you do! Here's the breakdown:
- Fractured elbow: We saw a orthopedic on Wednesday where the cute doc told her that if she had to break her elbow, that's exactly how she wanted to break it. Basically, she broke the part of her elbow that rotates her wrist, although she can rotate her wrist pretty freely. It's still very sore, though. She's having another x-ray on Wednesday to see how the break is healing so lots of prayers will be greatly appreciated!
- Stitches on her eyebrow: We went to the hospital - where my mom was treated like a celebrity by all the nurses we saw last Friday! - and got her stitches removed and that cut is healing very nicely. She's going to have a pretty nice scar, but hey, it adds character, right?
- Cuts on her knees/elbows/hands: Right now, we only have to bandage up her left hand, right elbow, and left knee. Most of them are scabbed up and now itching her pretty badly, which is a good sign to me! I do think I need to buy stock in non-adhesive bandages and gauze wrap. I'm also getting a pro at bandaging her up!
- Sprained thumb: Her thumb is still pretty sore, and her orthopedic said it's probably sprained. Her nail is hanging on, but still very bruised up all around her thumb and wrist.
- Glasses: I didn't mention this, but my mom scratched up her glasses on the lens and frames. So we took them into Visionworks where she has new ones ordered. Thank God for insurance!
In Fit Friday news, this week was horrible, health-wise. I was all about eating my emotions and using stress as reasoning to why I'm eating badly. Basically, I ate bad on Friday and Saturday and just called the rest of the week a wash. This is my biggest problem when it comes to weight loss. I don't see it as a journey, I see it as a weekly report. I really need to work on this.
As for exercise, I only exercised on Sunday which was a poor attempt at a run. My main problem with that run was that I ran at 11am, when it was 95 degrees out. That was not my best idea.
I'm determined to do better this week. I don't want to give in to my emotions and use stress as an excuse to eat poorly and not exercise. If anything, I need to exercise to release endorphins which will make me feel better about myself. And eating poorly, in turn, just makes me feel poor. And very sluggish.
I'm sticking to my goals I made last week: no water at work and exercise 4 days a week. I'm also going to add to my list to start powering down at 9pm. I want to shut everything off and just relax in my bed for a good period of time, letting my mind shut off slowly which I think will help me sleep better and feel more rested. I'm going to have a busy semester ahead of me, and I need all the energy I can get!
Starting Weight (as of February 21, 2010): 151.2 lbs
Current Weight (as of August 12, 2010): 146.2 lbs
Weight Lost This Week: +.2 lbs
Total Weight Lost: -5 lbs