Friday, September 24, 2010

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind, Part 4

Before I began Part 4 of this series, I want to talk about an exciting opportunity that has come my way involving CSN Stores! I've been given the chance to review a product for them, but can't tell you much more yet - so keep your eyes peeled! In case you're wondering what CSN Stores is, they are a online retailer with over 200 stores. (That's one giant shopping mall, if I do say so myself!) Redoing your bedroom? They have everything from nightstands to shoe racks! I would definitely take a peek over there, but beware: it's a little addicting!

Onto the questions! Check out previous installments here.


16. How come the things that make you happy don't make everyone happy?

Simple - because we are all different. What makes me happy doesn't make everyone happy. Spending an entire Sunday watching football makes me happy - for others, this is torture. Reading, writing, and playing board games make me happy but for you it might be golfing, fishing, and going to bars. We all have our own likes and dislikes and the trick is surrounding ourselves with people who have some of the same hobbies as us, but also make us broaden our horizons and find new hobbies through them.

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What's holding you back?

I really want to be able to run a 5K in under 30 minutes. I think this is one of my biggest goals right now, especially since it means I would cut 15 minutes off my time. And that would be an incredible feat. I would feel amazing! What's holding me back? Not having proper running shoes (remedying that this weekend!), not being consistent at exercise, and not believing in myself. When I tell myself it's too hard, I'm losing the mental game - and we all know running is 90% a mental game. The day I cross the finish line and the clock hasn't hit 30 minutes will be the best day of my life.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

I'm holding onto a lot of things I need to let go of. Insecurity, weight, past experiences, doubt. I want to be able to let go of the past and start trusting in myself. I let things my dad has said and done to me affect me and really, pave my path. I believe in the lies he said about me and it causes me to doubt that anyone could ever like me or that I'm meaningful. While I know he's wrong, it's hard to let go of it when you hear lies again and again during your formative years by the one man you should be able to trust.

If I could afford it, I would see a therapist because there are issues that I haven't dealt with, mainly because I don't want to and because they are ingrained so deeply in my core that it's going to take some work to get them out. I'm beginning to realize what I'm doing to myself, but it's definitely a work in progress.

(And wow, didn't mean to make this so deep and personal. But there it is.)

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

Gosh, I have no idea. I know I wouldn't like a fast-paced city life like NYC or Chicago. I'm not afraid to say that I like the suburbs and I like the calmness of small-town life! I absolutely adore the city I live in and would gladly live here forever. But if I had to choose somewhere else, I would probably choose Georgia. Mainly, because I could raise my kids there and they would have the cutest Southern accents.

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?

I only press it once. Although I'll usually press it multiple times if the light isn't lit. But no, it doesn't make the elevator go faster, just makes you look impatient.

12 comments:

  1. Are you getting new shoes from CSN? Either way I'm totally pumped you're going to be back in the running game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I really love these questions - this feature is probably my favourite of yours :) Re. #16 - how boring would the world be if we all enjoyed and disliked the exact same things?? We'd never be able to get tickets for rock concerts either lol :) Re. #18 - therapists are expensive, and in my experience, not all that effective. I think the best you can do is educate yourself and talk to people who care about you, but aren't directly involved. And journal. I have a couple of book recommendations for you if you're interested - and let me know if you ever need an ear <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hold on to things too. A lot. And it really is unhealthy. It took me a long time to learn to let go of that and realize that the past doesn't predict my future, every decision I make in the today affects my tomorrow but not my yesterdays.

    Email me and we'll talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love the elevator question because I'm SO guilty of that only when I'm by myself. I just did it a few minutes ago....oops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these questions. Haha I never really considered pushing the button more than once, why would it make the elevator come faster!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always annoys me when someone gets in the elevator, and sees me walking over from afar, and they still insist on pressing multiple times so that the elevator doesn't wait for me... I press the button on the outside to annoy them if I do end up walking fast enough. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love reading your answers to these questions.

    19 - I think Georgia would be really pretty too. And the red clay is fun : )

    18 - did you know we all have 10 free therapy sessions through our school? I keep thinking about using some of them now that midterms are approaching... and anxiety increases! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just visited Savannah this summer and it is ADORABLE. I'm born and raised in the Philly suburbs but that city really blew my preconceived notions about Georgia out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol to the southern accents part :)

    I can be a sucker for any accent if it's coming from the right person. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hold onto a lot of things I need to let go of too. I keep telling myself I need to just get over it but... easier said that done, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to find out what you are going to review! Fun!

    If I could live anywhere else without considering the cost, I would live in Paris. :) Well, only for part of the year as I would probably miss my family too much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great questions! I may have to steal them sometime! :-)

    I am a new follower! Check out my blog http://latache-t.blogspot.com/

    I look forward to hearing from you and vice versa!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs