Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Guest Post -- Vacation Dreams by Lisa’s Yarns

Today is my last full day on the ship. (Cue tears.) It’s a “Fun Day at Sea” where I will be nothing more than sipping on fruity drinks, reading, and trying to soak in the last of this amazing vacation. For today, I bring to you someone who I adore with all my heart: Lisa from Lisa’s Yarns. I started reading her blog when she was training for the Portland Marathon with Amber and loved everything about her blog. She’s funny but introspective. And she is Super Aunt to four adorable nephews! Enjoy!

Good morning and hello, it’s Lisa of Lisa’s Yarns! While Stephany is gallivanting away on a much-deserved tropical getaway, she has asked me to fill in for her. Since she is on a fabulous vacation, it only seems fitting that I talk about some of the vacation destinations I am dreaming of these days.

So without further ado, here are 5 places I’m dreaming of visiting these days.

1. Dubrovnik, Croatia

Dubrovnik

This charming seaside city is a seaside port of the Adriatic Sea. Its Mediterranean climate would make it a perfect getaway! Besides basking in the sun, I’d also like to walk the ancient walls of the city, check out the Old Town, which is a World Heritage Site, and sail to some of the surrounding island.

2. Machu Picchu, Peru

Machu Picchu

This has been on my vacation dream list for years!! I hope to someday see these ancient Inca ruins. While you can take a train to the ruins, I would prefer to do the 4 day trek (which is known for being extremely physically challenging!). There are rumors that they may stop handing out permits to do this trek, so I should probably try to get there sometime in next couple of years!

3. Positano

Positano

Every since I saw the movie, Under the Tuscan Sun, I have wanted to visit the seaside village of Positano. I think this cliffed city looks so charming! It’s located on the Amalfi Coast of Italy, close to other equally charming cities! I’d rent an apartment, visit the local markets, and feast upon fresh seafood.

4. Algarve, Portugal

Algarve Portugal

Are you noticing a theme? This is the 3rd dream destination, located by the sea. This area is known for its beautiful beaches, ancient ruins such as Cabo do Sao Vicente, and quaint villages.

5. Paris, France

Paris

No travel list would be complete without Paris! Those who read my blog know that I am a total Francophile. I’ve visited Paris twice and can not wait to return. I can’t wait to rent another apartment (possibly in the Latin Quarter this time), shop at their local markets, stroll along the Seine, and eat lots of mussels, French fries, and gallettes! On my next trip, I’d like to try to stay for 2 weeks so I can check out another area, such as the Loire Valley or Provence.

So there you have it! Since I was just in France in February, I will have to settle for dreaming about these destinations for now. I have set a goal to pay down my student loans by a certain amount; once I reach that goal (which is an aggressive one), I will start to plan my next trip as a reward!

Where do you dream of vacationing to?

9 comments:

  1. I think I may have to steal your dream vacation as my dream vacation. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny that I should open this post at this EXACT moment, I was just talking to a good friend of mine about how I need to travel ASAP. I want to visit all these places! Especially Machu Picchu, Paris, and Portugal. Beautifuuuul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girlwiththeredhair5/25/11, 10:55 AM

    Wow that place in Croatia looks amazingly beautiful!!! I am sad that we didn't visit Positano when we were on the Amalfi coast. Sorrento was similar and very, very beautiful though! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool! I don't think that I would have guessed that croatia would be at the top of your list- I'm going to have to look into this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all on my list, too! There are so many amazing places in this world...I hope I can visit a good chunk of them in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! I'm surprised Croatia is on the list too. They all look like amazing places to visit. I'm a sucker for any trip that involves sun, sand, and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, traveling. I want to go to all of these places....like right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting me do a guest post!  It was fun to come up with a list of places to visit.  All of these have been in mind for quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Italy is on my list because of Under the Tuscan Sun, too! That movie has major impact. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs