Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011: A Year in Review

January

  • My mom ran her first marathon. It took her a little over 7 hours but her training hit a major speed bump when she was hit by a car and had to take a few months of all exercise. I was also freezing and hungry and oh-so-tired (pulled an all-nighter the night before due to having to get to the marathon site by 3:30am!)
  • I began my last semester as an undergrad (and being able to take two English classes made me regret, just a little, not declaring an English major).
  • I went to my first eye appointment in 18 months to learn my right eye has a pretty bad case of astigmatism, which means contacts are not the best option for me for everyday wear.

February

  • I watched the Packers win the Superbowl! I was so, so happy for them.
  • I trained for a half-marathon (that I didn’t end up running. Surprise, surprise.)
  • My mom and I booked a cruise as my graduation present in May - our first!
  • I developed shingles which was terrifying. I honestly thought I was dying for a good three days. So. Much. Pain. I don’t wish this on anyone.
  • I was up to my eyeballs in homework and papers.

March

X3113561

April

IMAG0093

  • Set a 5K PR at Irongirl
  • Went on my first job interview
  • Crossed everything off my “To Graduate” list
  • Began to have Friday night Bible studies with my grandparents

May

230375_10100215014925211_5031650_51528313_3826675_n

  • Graduated from college with my Bachelor’s degree in Communications
  • Went on a life-changing, soul-affirming Carnival cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel
  • Applied, applied, applied for jobs

June

DSCN1605

  • Suffered from vacation hangover
  • Joined a gym
  • Went on two interviews that led to nothing
  • Applied, applied, applied for jobs

July

DSCN1862

  • Went on a mini-vacation to Orlando for my mom’s birthday
  • Was offered a job in the very field I wanted to get into: marketing. (And took it, obvs.)
  • Went on my first date in... years

August

DSCN1935

  • I started my new job
  • I began a six-week intense boot camp class at my gym
  • My blog turned two

September

[100111%2520016%255B4%255D.jpg]

October

photo (1)

  • My life was forever changed when I ordered my first iPhone
  • My work ended one of their giveaways and I was able to be there for the drawing and the conference call when my bosses called the winner. It was incredible.

November

photo (23)

  • I attempted NaNoWriMo, though I quit after 10 days
  • Ran two 5K’s. Both were extremely hard but I finished both!
  • I met Amber!
  • My mom and I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time ever
  • We had our first #twookclub chat about The Scent of Rain and Lightning
  • I turned twenty-four

December

photo (15)

  • Attended my first jury summons -- and was let go by 11am!
  • Celebrated Christmas in a small way, just my mom, brother, SIL, and nephew but it was absolutely perfect
  • Went on a horrible, blog-worthy first date

Looking back, 2011 was a year with ups and downs - months where a lot happened and quiet months of peace. I have changed so much over the past twelve months that I barely remember who that girl was who began 2011. There are parts of her that still exist in my life today, most especially as it relates to my health and anxiety. But honestly? This was a good year for me. I became a college graduate. I went on an amazing cruise. I started my first post-college job. And I began to test the waters of dating. Not the mention, I’ve developed quite a few close relationships with other bloggers.

I’m so excited to see where 2012 will take me. But I know I will need to put in a lot of work to be at the place I want to be this time next year. It’s going to be a bumpy road but I think I’m up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs