Saturday, October 3, 2009

Operation: Move

It's been over a week since I last updated, thanks to no Internet connection at the new apartment. I found this out on Saturday, cried about it a little (I'm serious), and moved on. I've been able to get any homework I need to get done when I'm at school and today I woke up early to take my mom to work and then head over to Panera Bread to work on more homework. Yay, me.

And since I'm finished with my homework and it's not even 9:30 a.m., I thought a blog post was in order.

Mom and I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday moving. We moved the majority of our boxes on Friday, mostly cleaned the old apartment on Saturday, and moved the rest of it on Sunday. On Sunday, my brother also helped move the big stuff. He has a big truck and big muscles. Big muscles, as in, he can carry a couch all by himself. By himself! Mom and I, together, couldn't even carry our 28-inch TV. (Granted, it's not one of those fancy-shmancy flat screens but a big, black, clunky one.) His help was greatly appreciated.

The apartment is great, we love it! There are so many pluses to this new place. Mainly, our financial situation is going to look a LOT better as our rent will be a LOT cheaper. We have an amazing view, a fantastic apartment manager, and I have a ceiling fan in my room! For some reason, this excites me greatly.


The place is a lot smaller than our old apartment but we didn't use half the space of the old one. The appliances are a little older but we can deal. We also don't have a washer/dryer in our unit. The last time we had to use a laundromat, I was in middle school. Luckily, our laundry room is just a few steps from our apartment so it's not too bad. (Can you tell I'm a bit of a glass-half-full type of girl?)

All in all, I'm pretty happy. I'll be even happier when we have Internet, better cable, and MONEY! Mom and I will be sitting down sometime this weekend and working out our budget. We need to get caught up on all our credit card bills and also start saving money. I've had $1.00 in my savings account for 3 years now. It'd be nice to get in the double digits, at least.

The mantra for this week is that it's going to get better. Things are tough right now but they will get better. We're both so happy with the decision we made and I can't wait for the day my mom can put in her two week's notice at her second job! (I'm shooting for March!)
 
Design by Designer Blogs