Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Am A Winner!

Stop laughing. I am! The oh-so-lovely Jennifer at Somewhere In Between has graciously given me not 1, not 2...but THREE AWARDS! I'm not even going to begin to explain how long I have been waiting for a blog award. I only recently got involved in reading other blogs and commenting. I've been blogging for a long time (since middle school) but it wasn't until I got comments from Shalay and Nanny that I realized there was this big blogging community out there. And, gosh darnit, I was sick of seeing '0 comments' on my blog posts! So I began to get involved in the blogging community (slowwwwly) and I found out about these awards. I have been anxiously anticipating one for AGES! And now I have one.


And now I must tell you 10 things that I've never told you before. Sigh. OK. I'll do just about anything, short of giving up my virginity, for a blog award. Here goes:

1. I spend my mornings/afternoons working with two-year-olds. It's challenging, fun, and never, ever boring. And I get this special, warm feeling in the pit of my stomach when they say my name. I know it's silly but it makes me feel loved. And they're 2, so they have the cutest ways of saying my name, such as Stephmamy, Steppy, Stetty, Daffy, Teffy, etc.

2. I'm weird about dates. There are certain dates that I just don't like. For example, I was extremely excited when I found out my nephew would be born on September 25. That, for me, is a nice date. Days I'm not too keen on are: 1, 6, 12, 15, 19, 20, 22, 23, 26, 27, and 29. And I don't like to blog on those dates. I'm not even kidding you. It's just this weird thing I have about those days. (And I'm really, really sorry if I offended anyone with this, especially if you were born on one of those days! I'm just a weirdo.)

3. When I'm in the car with someone, I never sing along to what's on the radio. But when I'm alone, I can't help but sing along to every song I hear. I laugh at people when I see them singing and dancing along in their cars...yet I do the exact same thing. I must look like a freak.

4. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm curious enough to be a reporter. I'm more interested in magazine writing but who knows where I'll end up when I graduate! I don't always know the right questions to ask and frankly, sometimes, I don't really care. I'm trying to dig deeper into my own self and become more of an inquiring mind...but it's hard.

5. The Mitsubishi Lancer that Mom and I "share" now is my first-ever "new" car my family has ever had. We've had our fair share of embarrassing cars. We had to drive the church van for a while, which was good for taking a nap in but not fun to show up to school in. Then there was the car that looked like sharp turn would make the frame fall off. We had to use pliers to get the wipers to work and I never let Mom pick me up at school in it. I would rather walk to another place and have her pick me up there. And then there was my great-grandma's car. My grandma drove me to school in it and would always park right in front. This car was made in the 1970's with a hood that looked like it was 10 miles long. So...I love this Lancer.

6. I really wish I had the courage to get short, short hair. Halle Berry short. I wish I could pull it off. Because, honestly, as much as I love the look of long hair...I hate the maintenance. I can never keep it down for very long. And if I do manage to keep my hair down for a whole day, it goes right up into the ponytail the minute I get home.

7. I'm not really a Steph. I've always been a Stephany. The only person who calls me Steph, really, is my brother. And sometimes I get annoyed with people who don't really know me calling me Steph. When I lived in hell (a.k.a. the dorm), my roommate had a boyfriend who called me Steph. And I just wanted to slap him across the face everytime he did. Only people I know really, really well get to call me Steph. And people I like.

8. I'm a bookworm, through and through. Ever since I've learned to read, I've had a book. I'm never not reading something. I really get sad when I hear of people who either don't like to read (something I don't understand AT ALL) or people who like to read and don't have time to read. I really hope that never happens to me.

9. I'm very critical of my waiter/waitress at a restaurant. Really, I'm just asking for them to do their job. Take yesterday, for example. At Carrabba's, my waiter pushed only the most expensive items on the menu. (OK, I can understand this a little.) Then when I asked him (a la Biggest Loser) how they cook the chicken, he told me, "We grill it with seasoning." Um, duh. I'm not an idiot - I know this. I want to know what's in the seasoning. Loser. And when I inquired more, he was still very obtuse about it. Then, near the end of my meal, he came by and just took my plate from me! My drink had been empty for a good while and he didn't even ask if I was finished. Granted, I just had some broccoli leftover but still...ask me first! Needless to say, his tip was quite low. Deservedly so.

10. When I was younger, my favorite color was purple. Not because I particularly liked the color...but because I wanted to be "different." All the girls I knew liked pink. I liked purple. Man, I was such a rebel!

I'm picking 5 bloggers that I adore to pass these awards onto. Have fun!

 
Design by Designer Blogs