Monday, November 9, 2009

Ten on Tuesday (vol. 2)


Oh, my new favorite! Chelsea has a Mr. Linky going on at Roots & Rings so head on over there if you do this as well!

1. What gift are you most proud of giving?
My mom has always gone all out for my brother and me for Christmas. Even when we struggled for money, she always seemed to deliver and give us the best Christmas experience every year. And she barely ever got anything. My dad never got her much (if anything) for Christmas. (Or her birthday or their anniversary...) So one year, when I was in middle school, I made her a "If I Had a Million Dollars..." book where I cut out pictures of houses, cars, pets, etc. Things I would buy her if I had some money. A little silly but sweet. That's me in a nutshell.

2. What’s the best gift you ever received?
I can't really say what the best was but one of my favorites was tickets to see some kind of gymnastics meet. It was Christmas 1996, after the girls' had taken gold at the Olympics and I was obsessed with them. I bought all their biography books and was convinced that I would become a world-famous gymnast by the time I was fourteen. (I was nine at the time.) I had never been to a sporting event in my life so it was so much fun. I couldn't believe I was in the same building as Bela Karolyi and Dominique Moceanu!

3. In honor of my husband: What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
I've never broken a bone, gotten stitches, or even sprained my ankle. I did have my tonsils removed when I was four. But other than that, probably the worst injury was when I hurt my back while watching a movie in 10th grade. Yep, you heard me right. I was lying on my bed one afternoon, watching a movie, and when I got up after the movie was over, my lower back hurt so much. I don't know what I did and never went to the doctor about it. I even had to compete in a cheerleading competition with it! (And my pain tolerance is about a -5.) So, I still don't even know what was wrong but it hasn't come back!

4. They say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. Who’s 15 minutes has gone on far too long? (The Gosselins are not acceptable answers, be more creative.)
Kourtney Kardashian! Ever since she got pregnant, it seems like she's being featured in a new magazine every month! First there was the announcement, then there was her featured with Kendra Wilkinson, and now I think she's on a new magazine! How many feature stories can they write on her? (And she also comes off as extremely immature in her interviews.) I think I liked her a lot better before she got pregnant.

5. You have 20 minutes and $1000. What do you buy?
Well, obviously, I'm at Kohl's. And I would get some "professional" clothes since I have barely any that fit me. Actually, I have probably 20+ items in my closet that could be deemed "professional clothes" but sit in my "Hopefully Someday" section of my closet. I bought them when I was 120ish pounds and student teaching and I can't wait to wear them again!

6. Tell me three blogs that I need to read.
Sure thing: Samantha, Amy, and Ashley!

7. Would you rather go without pizza or ice cream for the rest of your life?
Definitely ice cream. It's really not something I ever crave or gorge on when it's in the house. (Now, put a bag of Hershey kisses or a pan of brownies in my house and I can't control anything I do.) I crave pizza at least once a week and I'm salivating right now. Sometimes, I crave good pizza (like Pizza Hut) and sometimes crap (like frozen pizza). But a lifetime without pizza? That's just wrong.

8. Would you rather go to a beach or a snowy mountain?
A snowy mountain, of course! I've spent my entire life surrounded by beaches and really, they're not very exciting. I'm not a big fan of the beach and go maybe two or three times a year, even though I like 20 minutes from the beach. I've been to the mountains once, when I was twelve. I loved it and fell in love with skiing. (As much as a twelve-year-old snow bunny can!) I'd love to spend a Christmas in the mountains and actually experience a white Christmas, instead of the 80-degree crap I have to put up with here.

9. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Neither. I wouldn't consider myself a night owl by far. Around 10 p.m., I start winding down and getting tired. I'm not a big fan of staying up late. I like to go to sleep at a decent hour. (Yes, I'm a 70-year-old.) But I also don't like waking up early. My alarm goes off at 5 a.m. every day during the week. And I feel like my Saturday is wasted if I wake up before 10 a.m. I just like to sleep! I would say I'm more of an afternoon person.

10. What word do you always misspell?
Turquoise! I love the color and it's one of my favorites but I can never seem to spell it right. I'm trying to teach myself.
 
Design by Designer Blogs