Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday (vol. 4)

1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a veterinarian. I loved animals more than people (still do) and thought it would be a perfect career for me. People always asked if I would be sad to put animals to sleep to which I always shrugged at and said, "No." I even promised my dad that I would become a vet. But then I took Anatomy & Physiology in 11th grade. College level A&P. I failed it my first go-around and it was just plain awful. I hated everything about science and knew I could never do anything in the medical field. So there went that dream!

2. Name 3 of your irrational fears.
I'm afraid of calling people on the phone. (I much prefer text or e-mail...but don't we all?)
I'm afraid of making small talk, because I am awful at it. Just awful.
I'm afraid of car trouble. It all stems back to my childhood, where we had so many cars break down on us. It's such a scary feeling for a kid, especially back then when we didn't have cell phones or On Star.

3. If you had a $200 gift card to any store, what would you want it to be? (Nothing responsible allowed. Can’t be used for groceries or anything)
I would definitely use it at Kohls. Every time I go there, I never have any money to spend. So I would love to go and just shop to my little heart's content.

4. What is your most (blog-friendly) embarrassing moment?
No doubt about it, eighth grade dance. When our principal announced who was "Mr. PPMS" I whispered loudly to my friend, "He probably cheated on that, too," right as he was walking by. He turned, flashed a dazzling grin at me, and I was so embarrassed. Luckily, I never saw him after that. (Although, in my defense, there was a rumor going around that he cheated on this.)

5. If you were only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Publix subs. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't live near a Publix because they make the best subs on the face of this planet. Subway is such a pitiful comparison to the care and love Publix sub makers put into their subs. I swear a sub from Publix is twice the size of one from Subway. But you go ahead and get your $5 footlong...although it's really only worth $2.

6. What was your favorite toy growing up?
For Christmas 1995, my mom and dad bought me a "La Baby." I remember the year because she became my child that I named Jessica Katelyn. I still have her and she will be 14 this year! Craziness. I even bought her a USF cheerleading outfit to wear. (This is a little embarrassing to admit but I will not admit the age I was when I bought it.) Unfortunately, when my dog, Minnie, was a puppy she spent a morning while I was sleeping chewing off her toes. So she's a little deformed. And I have a picture!

Check out those toes! Dang. Minnie really got her good!

7. Do you have a “go to” outfit? What is it?
Do sweatpants and an oversized shirt count?

8. Who was the best teacher you ever had?
My fifth-grade teacher, hands down. She was the most cheerful and exciting teacher I have ever had. I was new to the school that year and she made the transition so fun and easy. I like to think I was one of her favorites, as well. She also had one of those chalk holders and the coolest mechanical pencil I had ever seen.

9. If you could buy any car right now (something at least SORT OF within the realm of reality…so, you know, a Rolls Royce may not qualify), what would it be?
I would probably go for a Mazda6. I'm not big into Mercedes and BMW's. They just scream status but I don't like the look of many of them. I really love Mazda6's and think they look so sporty yet sleek. My birthday is on Saturday, in case you needed gift ideas...


10. How do you reckon that Chelsea comes up with 10 of these questions every week? It was hard! What’s your theory on how she’s so creative? Are you going to help her?
Haha, reckon. That's such a Southern word. And yes, I did help Chelsea out by sending her some questions! You should, too!

 
Design by Designer Blogs