Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ten on Tuesday (Volume 1)

I recently discovered an awesome blog called Roots & Rings by an awesome blogger named Chelsea. And every Tuesday, she hosts a "Ten on Tuesday" segment where she asks 10 questions and we answer them! It sounded like fun (and a good way to get a blog in!) so I decided to participate!
1. What animal should cease to exist? (Not including bugs. That’s too obvious.)
I guess I can't take the PC way and say, "None! All animals are special!" So, I'll say I could do without turtles. Really, what good are turtles? Sure, they're cute but they aren't cuddly or kissable. They're just there. And they kind of annoy me.
2. What was your favorite thing about the beach?
To be honest, I'm a born-and-bred Florida girl who does not like the beach. Salt water is no fun to swim in, I'm always afraid I'm going to be attacked by a sting ray, sand gets everywhere, and I'm always way too hot to be comfortable. Blunt enough for you?

3. If scientists found a way to allow dogs to talk, do you think we should implement it? Or should we just keep them quiet?
If scientist allowed my dog to talk, I'm pretty sure he'd have a potty mouth. I think we should keep dogs silence. Scientists should focus on curing cancer and healing sick people. Not teaching pets to talk. And, really, how is that going to further society?

4. How do you order your Starbucks?
I always (ALWAYS!) order a grande mocha frappuccino. No whipped cream, not because I'm trying to be healthy but because I don't like whipped cream. I don't order regular coffee drinks and I never veer away from my "normal."

5. What’s worse? People who don’t know the difference between your and you’re OR people who don’t use smack their food?
I'm confused by this question. "Smack their food?" Since I have no idea what that means, I'll go with the first one! That bugs me a lot, too. And "to, too, and two." And also "there, they're, and their." It's really not that hard.

6. What CD can you listen to over and over?
Francesca Battistelli - My Paper Heart. I love this CD because it's cute and catchy but also has some really deep worship songs that make you think. I once had it on repeat for an entire month and I could do it for another month.

7. What was the most surprising thing about college?
That it's nothing like it's portrayed in the movies. Right now, I'm going to a serious commuter college. We have one dorm on campus and it's not even "on campus" but around the college. I did live on campus my first year at college at the main campus but even then, it was so not like I imagined it would be. It's definitely way less partying than it shows.

8. What’s the best deal you ever got? (Biggest sale item.)
A Tommy Hilfiger dress for $8 at a thrift shop. Brand-spanking new. It was worn maybe once. And since I never, ever find good finds like that, I was stoked. It was a really cute dress, too!

9. Who is your role model? Why?
Hands down, my mom. She managed to break herself out of an awful relationship with my dad, even though she loved him. She knew she had to show my brother and me that marriage was way different than they portrayed it. She raised us and we struggled a lot but we have turned out awesome, thanks for her. And in 2006, she started Weight Watchers where she lost 80 pounds and is now training for a half-marathon. She's such an inspiration to me and if I could be one-half the mother she is, I'll be happy with that.

10. What movie would you like to see that is in theaters right now? Why?
I really want to see Couples Retreat. First of all, I love Vince Vaughn. I adore his acting style. And it looks like a really funny, laugh-out-loud movie. All the other movies don't interest me (sorry, I'm not into a Michael Jackson tribute) or scare me to death (No way I'll ever see Saw IV). Hopefully, Mom and I can make it to the movie theatre for this SOON!
 
Design by Designer Blogs