Thursday, January 7, 2010

School, Schmool

I start another semester of school on Monday. Unlike last semester, I'm not very excited about this. Well, I'm a tad bit more excited than I was a few weeks ago. I think I've forgotten a little how hectic and crazy and stressed a semester is.

Last semester was my first time working 30+ hours while attending a full load of courses. And I'm not going to lie, it was intense. I don't think I've ever felt so stressed out and tired as I did last semester, especially with a crazy move in the midst of it. But I managed through it and ended up with 3 A's and an Almost A (it was an 89.96% and my professor didn't bump it up to an A. He gave me a B+. But I'm calling it an Almost A because I was so close.)

I don't feel settled about this semester yet. There's one class I'm trying to get into and I'm on 3 separate waiting lists for the sections that are offered. On Tuesday, I received an e-mail saying they had opened up another class. (FINALLY!) So I shot off an e-mail to get the permit to take the class and I'm still waiting to hear back. If I can get into this class, which is on Monday nights, it would work perfectly with my schedule and I wouldn't have to quit my job!

My other classes are set. (Although, if I do get into the above-mentioned class, I would drop one of my classes, to keep me at 12 credit hours.) I'm taking an internship, which will be my fourth one I've taken but seeing as my other three internships were in an elementary school setting, it will be much, much different. Two of the classes I'm taking are extremely close to my heart so I'm very excited about them. I think I'll really get a feel for what I think I want to do when I graduate, so I can discover if it's something I'm truly passionate about.

I'm having some major internship anxiety right now, something I'm going to talk more about tomorrow. I have a lot of baggage when it comes to internship, based on my past experiences.

So while the level of excitement isn't the same as it was last semester, I'm still very excited about the possibilities and experiences that await me as I begin my third semester as a journalism student. And once I finish this one, I only have two semesters (and 5 classes!) until I graduate!
 
Design by Designer Blogs