Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday (Vol. 12)

Check out Chelsea's blog for her Mr. Linky and a list of other blogs who have completed this!


1. Fill in the blank. Sometimes I wish my life was more ______.

Exciting. I don't really lead an exciting life, or even the life of an average 22-year-old. It's a comfortable life and it's nice for right now, but sometimes I feel as if I'm missing out on opportunities. I don't really have girlfriends my age I can rely on, trust, and hang with. I really want to remedy that.

2. How do you cure the hiccups?

Peanut butter! Oh, my gosh, this works wonders! It's never failed me before. Plus, peanut butter is so yummy to eat!

3. What are three of your favorite indulgences?
  • Sleeping. I love taking quick cat naps and sleeping in on weekends. I'm not one who feels awful and guilty after sneaking in a nap; I always feel refreshed and well-rested. I love, love, love to sleep!
  • Going out to eat. I love to eat. And I probably love going out to a restaurant more than cooking something at home. I would probably eat out every night (or most nights) if I could and if it was cost-effective. Which it isn't. Unless you get bad service, then it is but you leave feeling let-down.
  • Chocolate. It may not be considered a total indulgence, since I have it just about every day but I just love me some chocolate! It's definitely not good for my waistline, but hey, dark chocolate has some pretty good health benefits!
4. Where is the most exotic place you would like to travel to? The most mundane?

The most exotic place would definitely be Russia. Well, exotic in a culture frame of mind, not in a beach-y frame of mind. I have this strong connection to Russia that I think started when some type of Russian traveling museum came to our city when I was in first grade. We visited the place and I think I even bought one of those matryoshka dolls. So I would definitely love to travel there someday.


And the most mundane would probably be Orlando, since I've been there so many times. But I love taking a weekend getaway to Orlando, shopping at their amazing outlet mall, going to the Hard Rock for dinner, and going to all the amusement parks. Sea World is by far my absolute most favorite amusement park and my mom and I may be planning a trip there for my Spring Break. Disney is having an awesome deal right now where you can hit 4 of their amusement parks in 4 days for just $99. Fingers are crossed!

5. Does having your time planned out stress you or relax you?

It definitely relaxes me. On Saturdays, I usually have to have a list of things I was to accomplish so I just don't sit around and get lazy. Having a list ensures that I'll get everything I need done that day. When I don't have a plan, it doesn't exactly stress me out but I just don't get much done. Which will, in turn, stress me out the next day.

6. What are your favourite fabrics to wear?

Hm...I've never really thought about it. I guess I'm a cotton type of girl. I like to be comfy and cotton is comfy to me. I also like denim. I love wearing jeans.

7. Do you sleep through the night?

Yes. I am a heavy, heavy, heavy sleeper. Once, I slept through a fire (including fire engines!) happening in the house next door to me. I love to sleep and have never had trouble staying asleep. It's waking up that I have trouble with.

8. When you were younger, what did you think you would be doing at this age? How close is that to what you are doing?

Honestly, I never thought I'd make it past high school. I don't know what it is with me, but my thought processes can't go farther than a few years. When I entered high school, I never really thought about what I would be like in college, because I didn't think I'd make it past high school! I don't know if I'm just scared of the Second Coming of Christ or something else.

So, really, I just thought I'd be much more of a grown-up than I am. I thought I might have actually moved out of my mom's house, had a real, grown-up job, and been this social butterfly. But I'm so not. I'm still like a 12-year-old in a lot of ways. Except not as awkward.

9. What has surprised you most about growing up?

Probably how much I enjoy my family. I never realized I was such a family girl until I moved away for a year and got so incredibly homesick that I had to come home. I only lived 30 minutes away but I missed my mom and my family so much during that year. And I know one day I am going to have to leave this town, find a job, and truly grow up. But, right now, I'm enjoying my life. I'm enjoying having my family so close by and no real responsibilities. I am lucky that I can depend on my mom to take care of my bills so I can solely focus on school. I'm definitely not taking that for granted!

10. Are you good at keeping secrets?

It depends. If you tell me a secret, I can keep it from everyone but my mom. I tell her everything and I'll definitely tell her your secret. (Sorry! But she won't tell anyone! I promise!) I'm usually good at keeping it from other people, especially people you don't want me to know. For example, if I'm at work, and my co-teacher tells me someone and says, "YOU CAN'T TELL ANYONE!" I'm pretty good at that. But my mom will know the secret.

Bottom line is, just don't tell me any secrets you wouldn't want my mom to know. 'Kay?
 
Design by Designer Blogs