Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Trivial Points

Last week, I blogged about my non-negotiables for my future husband, things I'm not willing to compromise on. And I read through my comments and Chelsea made a really good point that made me change my mind about one of my NN. Click here to find out what it was and what I changed it to! (How's that for a teaser!)

Today, I want to talk about my trivial points. These are things that I would like my future husband to have, but if he doesn't, it's not a big deal. I'm willing to compromise with these.

Trivial Point #1: I want my future husband to like football.
Last week, this was a Non-Negotiable. But then Chelsea commented about how her husband didn't share her extreme love for baseball but has seen how important the sport is for her so he has attempted to get more involved with the sport. And I totally see her point, which is why I changed this one. While I do want my husband to like football, if he can at least understand why I like it and maybe even attempt to get into the sport as well, then that's all I can ask for. And if he does like baseball, so be it. I'll learn to like it, too!

Trivial Point #2: I want my future husband to love cooking.
I am not a cook. I don't like it and I'm not very good at it. I hate standing on my feet for too long, hate chopping up vegetables, and hate the pressure of making sure my meat is cooked thoroughly. My dad was a cook. He loved it and he was good at it. I want my husband to like to cook, just so I don't have to. But, hey, if he doesn't, it just means we'll be eating out a lot! And I love eating out!

Trivial Point #3: I want my future husband to be a dog lover.
I love dogs. I'm seriously 100%, head over heels for my dog. He's adorable, cuddly, and a great friend. And I want to have dogs. A lot of them. Big dogs, small dogs, rough dogs, and princess dogs. I am a dog person, through and through. It would be tough being with someone who doesn't love dogs. I may or may not look down upon those who don't like dogs. If he's a cat person (are there any men who are really "cat people", though? Serious question here.), then I'll deal. I have nothing against cats. I've never owned one so I'm not sure how I really feel about them. They are quite the cuddlers, it seems. And much easier to take care of!

Trivial Point #4: I want my future husband to be athletic.
I am very slowly trying to become more fit. I have lived such a sedentary lifestyle for so long that it would be nice to be with someone who likes to run, go for bike rides, and keep in shape. It's not a big deal if he isn't, because I don't think I'll ever live the life of a marathon runner or someone who works out for hours every day. But it would be nice to have an active lifestyle with my future husband.

Trivial Point #5: I want my future husband to be a homebody.
I am a homebody to the max. I don't mind staying inside on a Friday night, relaxing and playing games. I'm not a big fan of the club/bar scene. I want my future husband to be the same, someone who likes cuddling on the couch, watching movies and playing games, as opposed to hitting the night scene. But if I do have a husband who is more into socializing, I think it's a good thing. I do need to get out more and stop living life so small. Having a husband who likes being social might be good for me.

Just five trivial points, although I'm pretty sure I could think of more! But those are things that I would love to see in my future husband, although if I don't, it's not a deal breaker. Believe me, having a strong Christian husband is much more important to me than a dog lover!
 
Design by Designer Blogs