Friday, October 1, 2010

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind, Part 5

Check out Parts 1-4 here.



21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

We used to have a little girl at my preschool who was this absolute free spirit. She had a million pieces of clothing with The Little Mermaid and she would wear at least one piece every day. She never matched. She was a friend to everyone and never had a bad word to say to anyone. She marched to the beat of her own drum. And other teachers at my center thought she was a little loopy and weird. I think she was just plain awesome. (I keep talking about her in past tense, but she's fine. She's just in kindergarten now!)

To answer your question, a joyful simpleton. Maybe this girl wasn't the smartest child we had but she has the most amazing spirit about her. Absolute light and joy and happiness. If we could all be more like her, this world would be a better place.

22. Why are you, you?

Nature and nurture. Part of it is my past experiences, part of it is what my parents have taught me, some of it is my own morals and values that I've learned on my own. It makes me unique and unlike anybody else I'll ever encounter. And I'm trying to accept that.

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

Yes and no. There are times when I think I can be a great friend, someone who is thoughtful and compassionate. And sometimes, not so much. I try my best, though, and I think I'm pretty fun to be around.

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

Both have the potential for heartbreak. On the one hand, it's heartbreaking when a good friend moves away because your relationship is forever altered. You don't keep that same level of closeness, as much as you try. But on the other hand, when you lose touch with a good friend but it's just circumstances or misunderstandings, that can be just as heartbreaking. With this, you have the potential to keep your friendship but you just can't.

I would think the latter option is worse, because you're losing a friendship that you shouldn't be losing. With the former, you can still maintain the friendship, but it might not be as close as before.

25. What are you most grateful for?

My family. I wouldn't be anywhere without them. I wouldn't be myself without them. I need them. They have taught me so much about life, love, and faith. I can't wait to begin building a family of my own, but for now, they are the ones I depend on and need.

6 comments:

  1. lovely answers from a lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answer to number 25.

    I was thinking about friendship this morning in my car. I sometimes get to work early and on those days I just sit and think in my car (or zone out sleepily). I thought that in past years I was the girl with lots of friends. I used to party and roll 30 deep. The past year I've let a lot of friendships go and change can be hard. But in the car I concluded that it'll make me a better friend to those I really cherish and it's really about quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a good friend moving away is far worse than losing touch with someone close by - I think people drift in and out of our lives at different times for good reason, but when someone you're close with has to leave, it's really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the answer and the little girl in the first question!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answers. You're reminding me that I need to get started on this but now I feel like my answers won't be nearly as good as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great answers. I feel like I could have written them about myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs