Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Challenge & Risk

Challenge

If I were to sum up 2010 in one word, it would be this one. This has been a year rife with challenges, big and small. From designing an entire magazine to dealing with my grandma’s cancer diagnosis to ending the relationship with my father, it hasn’t been easy. I have been challenged. I have been tested. It has been a rollercoaster of a year but I can firmly say that I won. I beat the challenges. I was tested and I succeeded. It wasn’t easy. I doubted myself again and again and again. I fought it. But I have shown myself how strong I am. While I may not believe in myself, I am getting there. This year has helped me to see what I am capable of.

Risk

I want 2011 to be the year of risks. My post yesterday talked a lot about how I’m shutting myself off from risks because I’m too afraid I don’t have what it takes. I want this thinking to stop. I want to stop thinking I can’t do something and instead believe in myself. Fear and anxiety has had a stronghold over my life for the past few years and it’s time to break free. I know there’s a confident, vibrant woman inside of me and she’s so ready to be unleashed.

I’m writing this post for reverb10, an online initiative to reflect on this past year and manifest on what’s to come in the next year. Daily prompts can be found here.

8 comments:

  1. 2011 sounds like it's going to be thrilling! Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! :)

    "But I have shown myself how strong I am. While I may not believe in myself, I am getting there. This year has helped me to see what I am capable of." I relate to this SO much... and I am so excited to see what this next year brings for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2011 is going to be an amazing year for you Stephany. I know it. You've faced your challenges head on and rose above them. You've come a long way, friend.

    I have a feeling I'm going to love reverb10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading everyone's posts!! My word for 2010 would also be challenges. I hope my word for 2011 is Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are excellent words, Stephany! I can't wait to see where 2011 takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Totally feel in reguards to the challenges of this year. OMG. What a year!! SO glad its almost over.
    I'm going to have to "attempt" to join in on this reverb thing, looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think "risk" is my worried of the year, followed closely by "fear." Next year, I'm hoping for "success." Or "happiness." Maybe/hopefully both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I know there's a confident, vibrant woman inside of me and she's so ready to be unleashed."

    Yes! Love it, love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs