Thursday, January 27, 2011

This Time, it’s Different

I like to consider myself somewhat of a Weight Watcher expert. I’ve been doing the program, on and off, since May of 2007. I’ve tried out the Core Plan, the Flex Plan, the Momentum Plan, and now this new PointsPlus Plan. I love them all, but struggled with most with Flex and Momentum (which were the same program, basically). This new plan works so well for me, getting me to take in more fruits and veggies and make healthier choices. (Not just low-point choices.)

It feels different this time around. I started Weight Watchers when I saw how much success my mom was seeing on the program. And while my mom never pushed me to start attending, I guess I felt like this was her program and I was just tagging along. When she made good choices, I made good choices. When she made bad choices, I made bad choices. I’ve always looked at Weight Watchers as my mom’s thing.

It’s my thing now. It’s about me, my health, my weight loss. I have to stop riding on my mom’s coattails and start taking action over my life. I’m losing this weight for me, not because my mom already did. I am much more in control of my eating and my exercise. I’m not worried about how my mom is doing (although I care!), so much as how I am doing. I’m documenting everything I eat throughout the day and relying on my own self-motivation to keep me focused.

It feels different this time. Like it’s finally going to happen. This is the time I lose the weight for good, adopt healthy habits for good, and become a brand-new version of myself. It feels like it’s my time and I look forward to proving myself just how strong I can be every week. It’s not easy and I won’t say I’m even halfway there yet. But my baby steps are getting bigger and less wobbly.

Stats (Week 2)
Starting Weight:
159.2 lbs
Current Weight: 153.6 lbs
Net Difference: –5.6 lbs (-1.4 this week)
BMI: 28.1 (-1 total; –.2 this week)

18 comments:

  1. YAY! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You CAN do it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those numbers look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I bet you're going to do awesome. And, you're doing it for all the right reasons!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job on another week down, Stephanie!

    I tried weight watchers but did NOT like it at all. It just didn't work with how active I was. I was CONSTANTLY over my points. Maybe this new PointsPlus plan would work better for me because I typically do eat a lot of fruit. The fruit was adding a lot of points to my day last time around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Follow-up: OMG, I can't believe I spelt your name wrong :( Bah. I blame it on the 6 hours of sleep I had last night and the fact I'm yet to drink any coffee today. SORRY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on another successful weight loss week; that's awesome :) Keep up the good work, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing accomplishment, Stephany!! It sounds like you're coming so far (physically, mentally, and emotionally), and you're going to reap all of the amazing benefits. We all stumble a few times when tackling something challenging, but we get there eventually!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I firmly believe when you do something because you want to, the results will be amazing. It's wonderful to hear the new system is working for you. Great work Stephany!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said and good job, girl. You get a gold star from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! :D Your results are going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you go! It really does seem to be working for you so far, keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep it up! We're all rooting for you. And I hope you'll pick up one of the Geneen Roth books. She's fantastic for dealing with the emotional aspects of eating. And I'll get off my soapbox now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad that it is working well for you! Way to go - you are doing so awesome!! I really had such a great experience with WW. I don't think I would have lost the weight without it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo! I'm glad to hear you found something that's working well for you and that you're putting all your focus on working on YOU. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Isn't it so amazing to see hard work paying off?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo! I'm glad to hear you found something that's working well for you and that you're putting all your focus on working on YOU. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on another successful weight loss week; that's awesome :) Keep up the good work, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs