Thursday, May 19, 2011

Two More Sleeps

3348008926_eac7fc35c7

Two days from now, I will board a ship that will take me to places I’ve never seen and experiences I’ve only heard about. My mom purchased an ocean-view room for the two of us as my graduation present months ago and the time has finally come. This past week, we have been busy little bees buying all those essentials for our cruise and making sure we have the perfect outfits for our every need. My thoughts are filled with cruise, cruise, cruise and it’s hard to get through a day of work because my excitement level is through the roof.

May 21st seemed so far away in February. And now it is two days away.

The cruise is a five-day one, stopping in the Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico. And to further up the ante for this dream vacation, we’ve book two excursions for those stops.

In the Cayman Islands, we’re going snorkeling and swimming with sting rays! I’ll admit that I’m a bit more apprehensive now than I was when I signed up for this. I’m not a big risk-taker and this is a bit out of my comfort zone. But this is the chance of a lifetime! I’ll be in the Cayman Islands -- snorkeling! How amazing is that? I know I’ll completely enjoy this experience and have some incredible pictures/stories to share.

Cozumel is more of a low-key, but no less fun, excursion: a tour of the city, shopping, lunch, and the beach! Whew, that’s a lot! I’m really excited about this excursion because it’ll be fun to actually experience the city and do some shopping!

I think I’m most excited about getting away from it all and having the time of my life with my best friend. Forgetting the pressures of finding a job. Not stepping foot in my work for 10 days. Spending time in the sun, interacting with strangers, and eating some good, good food. Disconnecting from all things Internet. Reading romance novels with no literary value. Meeting the man of my dreams. (OK, so this last one may not happen. But a girl can dream!)

Over the next week, I have a slew of guest bloggers lined up, people I adore and love with all my heart. You guys are in for such a treat with their posts.

I am so ready for this cruise. I haven’t been on a vacation like this since I was twelve, when my mom took my brother and I (along with my grandparents and twin cousins) skiing in Virginia and West Virginia for a week. Weekend trips to Orlando do not count.

Two more sleeps.

18 comments:

  1.  So exciting!!! I love that pre-vacation feeling. You'll be totally addicted when you come home. I'm excited to see who you've got guest blogging while you're gone! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extremely jealous! You'll have an amazing time, and I'm so happy for you! (I fixed my septic tank for $2000 for my college grad present. lol How's that for growing up?!)

    And how many times do I have to tell you that you need to take ANOTHER vacay to West Virginia ... so we can have a lady date!! :)

    Have fun! Be safe! Let loose! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear about how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see pictures :) Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very excited for you! I didn't do a college graduation trip (mostly because I was moving to NYC shortly thereafter), but I did go to France with my mom after high school and it was really fun! You're going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girlwiththeredhair5/19/11, 11:33 AM

    You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!

    And my guest post is coming to you tonight! Promise :) 

    ReplyDelete
  7.  Yay!  How exciting.  I'm sure you guys will have a great time.  You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pretty darn exciting! Can't wait to hear/read/see all about it!!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am over the moon excited for you. You're going to have such a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOOOOO, have so much fun! Take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! I'm SO excited for you!! You deserve this vacation more than anything, and the things you experience are going to provide memories to last a lifetime. I wish I could go with you!! ;) Take LOTS of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12.  I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see all your photos! What books are you bringing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have such a fun time! This will be such a fantastic vacation for you and your mom , I can't wait to hear about it. Enjoy! Safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have so much fun! I recently got over my own fear of snorkelling...and don't you were sting rays aren't going to go out their way to get you!

    This sounds like sooooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you're going to have an amazing time and I cannot wait until you come back and share your adventures with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh, I'm late with commenting! I hope you're having tons of fun and I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i did that snorkel with the stingrays on my first cruise, and it's still my fave! i think stingrays are the coolest :D way better than dolphins ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs