Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Seven Links

So confession. I originally saw this meme on Amber’s blog and was already writing my own post when Callie tagged me in it. So, I’m now legit and here I go!

I’m identifying old posts of mine, using these categories:

  • Your most beautiful post
  • Your most popular post
  • Your most controversial post
  • Your most helpful post
  • A post whose success surprised you
  • A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved
  • The post that you are most proud of

Your ‘Most Beautiful’ Post

minnie

Three Years. A post I put together at the last minute to honor the passing of my beloved first dog, Minnie. Minnie was such a big part of my life for so long and her death was hard. But I’m so glad she was mine for eleven years.

Your ‘Most Popular’ Post

LTMFH_thumb[4]

Letters To My Future Husband: Hello, My Love. With 5,200 pageviews, this is easily my most popular post. I never imagined my first letter would receive such great feedback and visitors. If you Google, “letters to my future husband”, it’s the second link. Pretty cool!

Your ‘Most Controversial’ Post

On Why I’m Choosing to Wait. Honestly, I expected this post to be a lot more controversial than it turned out to be. Everyone was extremely supportive of me and understanding of my decision to wait until marriage to live together with my spouse and to have sex. It’s not a popular position to take, but it’s the one that feels the most comfortable to me.

Your ‘Most Helpful’ Post

Apartment Living: Downsizing. I really don’t do many posts I would deem “helpful”. I don’t know why, because surely, I have advice to give! This is one of my more recent posts, but is probably the most helpful posts I’ve ever done.

A post whose success surprised you

Points Plus. I wrote this post mainly for me, to get out all my thoughts on the new program on Weight Watchers and it has been my second most-viewed post I’ve ever written. Search engines still direct people inquiring about the program to my blog, which is pretty exciting.

A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved

This blog is not only a place for me to write, it’s also a place I’ve found community and comments are something that fuel me to keep blogging. I usually receive at least a few comments on every post. That said, there have been three posts that received no response whatsoever. Two of those being book reviews and I’m usually happy to receive any comments on those so it wasn’t a big deal. The third was a Reverb10 prompt that, for some reason, wasn’t well-received.

A post you are most proud of

On Losing My Dad. This was a hard post to write, but incredibly cathartic. I needed to write this. Not having contact with my dad is something that eats at me every day, but I’m slowly beginning to learn to let go and live without him.

 

And while I hate tagging people in posts, because I don’t want to leave anyone out, I’m going to do it anyway.

1. Melissa at Press Play
2. Linda at Curious Notions
3. Cait at Finding My Balance
4. Megan at Somewhat Voluble
5. Amy at Just a Titch
6. Steph Anne at Luxe Chandelier
7. Nora at Walking With Nora

And anyone else that wants to play along! Please do!

2 comments:

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs