Friday, September 2, 2011

Five For Friday

1 - In my area, Big Brother didn’t tape until ONE THIRTY A.M. due to a ridiculous Bucs-Redskins preseason game. Now, look, I am a huge football fan. Honestly, I am. But I’m sorry, a stupid, meaningless preseason football game over the craziest show of the summer? It’s no question. So, today, my mom and I woke up at 5AM so we could watch the show before she went for a run. As for the show, I’m very happy with how everything played out, to say the least. (Also, I guess this is one of those “You know you’re addicted when...)

2 - As most of you noticed already, I have a new blog theme. I like it a lot. Also, I have updated almost all of my pages, including Letters to My Future Husband which was just had placeholder text for the longest time. Now I actually have some information as well as links to all my letters and future husband posts. I also have a new Resolutions page where you can see how I’m doing on the resolutions I made in January.

3 - The advice on my grocery store conundrum was amazing. I will say that it wasn’t anything I didn’t already know, but it drove home the point of meal planning, eating more simply, and saving toiletries visits for Target/Wal-Mart. I know we need to be more smart about what we’re eating and how much of it we’re making. Leftovers are great, but when you make enough leftovers for 3 days four days in a row? Well, then it becomes too much. But the advice was exactly what I needed to get more serious about our grocery budget.

4 - Last night, I was attempting to make breakfast-for-dinner. I was cooking hash browns and forgot to turn the heat down after heating up the oil and managed to make the fire alarm go off three times and our entire place get smoky. The hash browns were ruined and in the process of trying to take care of that problem, I burned the sausage. It still smells like burnt hash browns in our apartment. Blech. I should never be allowed in a kitchen.

5 - I’m excited about this upcoming three-day weekend! Saturday, I’m prepared to tackle a long to-do list which includes a lot of cleaning (I’m so behind!) and seeing my nephew. Sunday, my mom and I are planning to head up to Orlando for the day to hit up one of the water parks that we have a pass for. And Monday involves a boot camp at a community center and trying to relax as much as possible. What are your holiday weekend plans?


Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs