Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2011 Resolutions: October Recap

On January 1, I made a list of 10 resolutions for me to complete in the next twelve months. I’m not a hater of resolutions by any means and I actually quite like them. (Which, um, is why I made my own. Captain Obvious over here.) I’ve decided to make a “25 Before 25” list starting the day after my birthday, which means the goals I haven’t been able to complete (or are still in progress) will be added to that list.

Goals I’ve completed...

  • Graduate from college. It still feels surreal that I’m a college graduate. But I am.
  • Begin working a full-time job, utilizing my degree. Check! I remember saying in my last resolutions check-in post how disappointed I would be if I was still on the job hunt. I feel so blessed to have found a job and am still pretty happy with what I am doing. I’m not exactly sure marketing is IT for me, but it’s a good place to learn and grow.
  • Travel. I didn’t do a whole lot of travel, but I went out of the country for the first time in my life so I’m counting this as a success!

Goals that will be added to my “25 Before 25” list...

  • Get to my goal weight. My weight loss has been pitiful this year. Just like years prior. One day I’ll get it, right?
  • Pay off all my credit cards. I have successfully paid off one, am very close to paying off the second, and will finish payments in February for the last one. Once that is done, I will be credit card debt-free! And then I get to work on my medical bills for the stitches I got last September. Yay.
  • Complete Project 365.
  • Join a book club. Just need to put my social anxiety aside and do this. I know I’ll be happier when I do.
  • Begin therapy. I’m not sure what kind of therapy my insurance covers (if any), but it’s something I desperately need to start. My anxiety has been a little out-of-control lately.

Goals that will be completed before my birthday...

  • Read 60 books. I’m currently sitting pretty at 54 books and I’m quite sure I’ll be able to mark this goal off by November 28th. Woo! Now I just need to come up with a different book goal.

Goals that won’t be completed, nor added to the new list...

  • Run a half-marathon. No. Just... no.

I need a new book challenge for my 24th year (well, my 25th. But let’s say 24th because it makes more sense.) Anyone have any ideas for me?

The winner of the training ball from PlanetGear.com is Missa Lee! Missa Lee, email coming your way today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs