Saturday, October 1, 2011

Everyday Moments: September 2011

September. What can I say about September? Nothing extraordinary happened. I finished boot camp, celebrated my brother and nephew’s birthdays, and started to feel more at home in my new job. I no longer sit in meetings and have no clue what’s going on and the spreadsheets are not intimidating me anymore. I’m getting to know our contacts and they are getting to know me. It’s a good feeling.

My eating habits weren’t the best and my weight loss has really stalled. I’m trying not to beat myself up about it, but it’s very hard. Still, I’m trying and that’s all I can ask of myself.

I’ve been debating all month if I want to try my hand at NaNoWriMo in November. My life was always filled with midterms and tests that I could never accomplish it in years prior. But if I keep saying I don’t have time to write, I’ll never get a book written.

Without further ado, though, here are the little things that made me happy this month. (Inspired by Kathleen.)

1 - Shopping trip at Target

2 - The “launch” of my new blog theme

3 - Finally cleaning out my junk drawer and my closet. It felt awesome to get rid of so much stuff I have no need for anymore.

4 - Spending a few hours at Typhoon Lagoon in Orlando.

5 - Finishing the Harry Potter series.

6 - Coming home after a full 8-hour day instead of spending an hour at the gym. For once, it was a nice, relaxing evening!

7 - Fresh-baked cookies.

8 - First game of the NFL season and it was a good one.

9 - Having a delicious strawberry-mango margarita with dinner. Best margarita I’ve ever had!

IMG00081-20110909-2008

10 - Lunch date with my old work BFF. Also, Pinkberry peanut butter and chocolate froyo with every unhealthy topping I could fit in my bowl. SO MUCH YUM!

IMG00082-20110910-1630

11 - The first Football Sunday of the NFL season.

12 - Finishing boot camp! Without a smile on my face, but I finished.

13 - My first Body Pump class in 6 weeks. It was tough, but such a good change.

14 - Rachel winning Big Brother!

15 - Celebrating my brother’s 25th birthday

16 - Deciding to take a break from Twitter, Facebook, and keeping up with a strict blogging schedule.

17 - Baking homemade chocolate cupcakes.

iiu 009

18 - Another Sunday, camped out on the couch, watching football. No. There isn’t anything better than that. (Also? Hi, future husband. My name is Stephany and I am SUCH A CATCH. Geez.)

19 - Going to bed at 9:45pm. It’s been a long, long time since I’ve gone to bed THAT early!

20 - Being so busy at work, I needed to make a to-do list to keep track of everything. I reserve the right to complain about being TOO busy one day, but for now, I love it. It’s so much better than not having much to do/not knowing what I need to do.

21 - One of our freelance designers dropping off yummy treats from a bakery. I ate what was quite possibly the best brownie I have ever had.

22 - The new fall TV schedule. I’m not sure how I’ll keep up with it, but it’s nice to have my shows back.

23 - Carrabba’s for dinner

24 - All of Dutch’s routine blood work coming back normal.

IMG00089-20110924-1210

25 - My nephew running around Chuck E. Cheese dressed as Spider-Man during his third birthday party

100111 016

26 - Winning Fantasy Football this week. I’ve done terribly the past two weeks, but I caught a break this week! Woo!

27 - Cookie dough. There’s nothing in the world like it.

28 - Finishing The Help. The movie was fantastic and so was the book. (Review to come!)

29 - Emails and messages from friends who get it.

30 - Laughing with my nephew. I am SO excited about this new age he’s in. So much fun!

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs