Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ten on...Wednesday

1. What is the worst compliment you have ever received?
I get comments a lot on how quiet I am or how young I look. Those can be good and bad. Sometimes, it's hard to go places and people think you're 15 or 16 when you're actually well into your twenties. And whenever I get "complimented" on how quiet I am, it always feels like they say it like it's a bad thing. For a long time, I felt like my quietness was a bad quality to myself but now I know it's not. I love my quiet nature now, although I have my chatty/loud moments!

2. Did you/would you tell everyone the name of your baby before they were born, keep it a secret, or not choose until after they were born?
I would probably tell close family, but I don't think I would tell everyone. I tend to let others' opinions affect me too much so I know if other people hated the name, it would cause me to wonder if it was the right one. Plus, all the "Oh, I used to know a so-and-so and he was a demon child..." remarks would get on my nerves.

3. What is your favorite candle smell?
Anything but vanilla or the super sweet smells that Bath & Body Works is selling now for the holidays.

4. What is the best birthday/Christmas gift you received when you were pregnant or the best birthday/Christmas gift you gave a pregnant person that was really appreciated?
I have no idea. I've never been pregnant nor have I gifted too many pregnant women. The only one that comes to mind is my sister-in-law, which I'm sure were appreciated, but none of the gifts really stand out for me.

5. Who was your favorite teacher?
I think the teacher who impacted me the most was my fifth-grade teacher, Mrs. Chapman. She had a fun, laid-back personality but she also knew how to lay down the law. I learned so much from her and she made the year so fun. She's the reason I wanted to go into teaching (even though that career path didn't seem to work out...).

6. What is the best game/activity you have ever played at a baby shower?
The only baby showers I remember going to are my aunt's when my cousin was born (I was younger than 10) and my SIL's for my nephew. At my SIL's, we played a game where everyone was given a pacifier on a necklace when they entered and anytime you saw someone crossing their arms, you could take their pacifier necklace (and any more they had collected). I had an entire competition with another girl who was there, but she won, in the end. Sigh. Such a fun game, though!

7. What was your major in college and did you end up using it in your career?
Journalism and Media Studies, although my diploma says "Communications". I do not plan on using my journalism degree in any form, although I do use the communications/media part of my degree to some extent.

8. What is a beauty product you swear by?
I love Cetaphil for facial cleaner/moisturizer. I used to use it twice a day religiously and made my skin clear up and feel so much better, but I got away from that. And I also use BareEscentuals for my make-up, which I love. It covers nicely and I barely even remember I'm wearing make-up when I have it on.

9. What is the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
Holding a door open for me. It's a simple thing, isn't it? Common courtesy? But so many people don't do this and it drives me nuts. When they do (especially if I'm farther away than needed to keep the door open), it brightens up my day!

10. If you could recommend one new baby necessity, what would it be?
I’m not a mom, but one of my favorite local radio DJ's just became one and she called in to the show one morning and said the best gift she got was someone to clean her house. She left with her baby and when she came back, her house was sparkly clean! So, I'm guessing that! Hehe.

Questions found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs