Thursday, January 12, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In {1}

fitness

x

I have debated a lot about whether or not I want to bring back my weekly weigh-in posts. On the one hand, they are good for me to process what's been happening with my weight loss, get advice and support, and to have a place to document this journey. On the other, it puts a lot of pressure on me to lose good amounts of weight every week. I want to "impress" you guys with my incredible weight loss, which is a very slippery slope.

But I finally decided I'm going to blog about it. Because it's more helpful than not and I saw my weight journey start to fall apart once I stopped blogging regularly my weekly weigh-ins. So they are back. (Yay?)

I know we all have our own ways of losing weight and no way is really better than the other. Whether you count calories, points, or just try to clean up your eating, we have to follow the plan that works best for our bodies and minds. For me, that is Weight Watchers. WW is a plan that works -- when you do it right. When you follow the plan and don't cheat yourself. WW offers more than just a simple weight loss plan, it offers support, community, and a place to measure your growth. I have been to a lot of different WW meetings and leaders and right now, my current Leader is one of my favorites. I think it's so key to have someone with you who's been through the journey and knows what it takes to lose weight and keep it off.

Weight Watchers works for me. I'm not limited in anything I can eat. And while I can get caught up in the "this week is shot. I'll just skip weigh-in and get back on track next week" mentality, I know it's up to ME to make this plan work. It's up to me to take those 8 Healthy Guidelines and make them a part of my everyday lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is something I want for the rest of my life. There is no timeline on it, no end date. It's something I have to do for the rest of my life and I know I have what it takes to put in the hard work needed to get me to my ultimate goal.

Starting Weight: 157.0 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs