Last year, I thought it was better to make three big resolutions. They were the three areas I struggle with the most and I wanted to gain control over them in 2010. I didn’t even come close. So, this year, I’m back to making smaller resolutions that will lead to completing this big goals I still have set for myself.
1. Get to my goal weight of 115 – 120 lbs. My biggest goal of 2011 and a goal I set for myself every year. Let’s make 2011 the year I can finally mark this goal completed and not have a repeat in 2012.
2. Run a half-marathon. I’m officially registered for the IronGirl Half-Marathon on April 10th. I start training in February and until then, I’m working on building up my running endurance. I think it’s what I needed to motivate me to keep running.
3. Graduate from college. God willing, this will happen on May 8, 2011. I haven’t even processed the fact that I will be a college graduate this time next year or that my life won’t be consumed by schooling after May. I am shaking with joy to finally be almost finished and ready to tackle the real world!
4. Read 100 books. A fairly achievable goal for me, someone who is always reading. I’ve never really calculated how many books I read in a year, so this will give me a way to track.
5. Begin working a full-time job, utilizing my degree. I’m not even a little bit certain of where I want to end up when I graduate, but I do know I want to be out of the preschool and working full-time at a more professional workplace.
6. Join a book club. Being a book nerd, I’ve always wanted to belong to a book club but I’ve never really taken the steps to find one. Come January, I will attend my first meeting and it is my hope that I find a place where I feel comfortable and a place where I can meet people.
7. Pay off all my credit cards. Currently, I have 3 cards that I need to get caught up. I’m ready to pay off my biggest one (80% of my debt) and I just need to gather up the courage to call my collection agency and put it into motion. (I’m nervous about what I need to say/do.) The other two credit cards should be paid off by June. My plan is to get rid of two of the cards, keeping the one my bank gave me.
8. Travel. I haven’t traveled out of state since 2007 and I’m desperately feeling the need to travel. I have my sights set on a trip after I graduate, either a cruise or a trip to NYC. And I hope I can visit some other states this year.
9. Complete Project 365. I tried this project a few months ago but I only got about a month in before I got overwhelmed. But I have a new, fancy camera and a determination to document my year, since I’m so bad at documenting things through pictures.
10. Begin therapy. I know therapy will be the stepping stone for me to begin working through all my feelings I shove into the back of my mind, never to be dealt with. But I am so, so scared to take that first step. To call up my school and ask for an appointment. To fill out paperwork. To have that first initial meeting. I’m scared I won’t connect with my therapist and I’ll be back to square one. But I have to try. I have to see if this is the road I need to take.