Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wine and Love, V.4

You know the drill! Write a post expressing what you loved and loathed about this week and link up at Nora’s blog.

wineo2-223x300 

After the week I had, I just knew I had to participate this week!

Wine-ing about...

  • My insatiable appetite. I don’t know what it is but my appetite has been out of control lately! I eat lunch, a pretty filling one, and less than two hours later, I am starving. Like, my-stomach-is-trying-to-eat-my-insides-starving. It also happens about an hour after I eat breakfast. I guess I just need to eat more protein?
  • Beer. I just don’t like it. My date ordered one for me and it was just nasty. I don’t know how people drink that stuff. Give me an ice-cold Coca-Cola any day!

Loving...

  • I turned in my two week notice yesterday. I have been waiting and longing to put in my notice at my job. I am so ready for something new and different, something to challenge me. My part-time job isn’t the worst in the world, but I need something full-time with better benefits. I’m still in shock that it happened and I’m finally going to be able to lift the financial burden off my mother and help out. I don’t know what I’m more excited about: that I’ll actually be able to support myself, or that I am starting my career in just 13 days. But it feels awesome.
  • I went on my first date in 7 years. Yes, the last time I went on a date, I was 16 years old. I have finally decided it is time to get out there and date. It’s scary and I have been anxiety-ridden and emotional since I set the date, but I am so very glad I went. I had a fun, enjoyable time and I’m really hoping there’s another date coming up soon. :) (Yes, a post is in the works about this. I promise!)
  • The NFL lockout has ended! Man, was this week awesome, or what? I have had Adam Schefter’s Twitter page up since the lockout ended because the trades have been coming in left and right. I am just so happy actual football talk is happening, not this insane lockout situation. I think it was utterly ridiculous, but I’m incredibly glad we’re going to have a season.
  • I caved and bought the Erin Condren Life Planner. I don’t know what possessed me to buy this, but I found one of the $50 for $25 coupons online and proceeded to buy the planner. I told myself now that I will be a Grown-Up, I need a planner to keep track of everything. I have been terrible at using them in the past, so maybe the fact that I spent twenty-five dollars on this thing will help!
  • My Internet friends. I love you guys. Seriously. You are the bomb diggity. You have been my biggest support system while searching for a job, going on interviews, and even when I was riddled with date anxiety. Some of you are quickly becoming close friends to me and I just love you all to bits and pieces.
  • I have a hair appointment tomorrow! Hair appointments are one of my favorite things and I’ve been in the mood to start growing my hair out for a month or two now. So I’m finally going to make the plunge to grow it out a little and get rid of the bob. I’m super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs