Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Beginning

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

(Hello, my name is Stephany and I love the cheese.)

I start my new job today and I’m equal parts excited and nervous. I am so relieved that I have found a job, one I feel will challenge and push me in different ways.

I am excited...

...about working for a lady I had an instant connection with, learning everything I can about marketing and advertising.

...about growing as a professional.

...about getting rid of my polos and khakis for cute, professional wear.

...about going into work 2.5 hours later than I’m used to, even if I am working longer hours.

...about being able to be financially independent for the first time in my life.

I am nervous...

...about performing well. I have performance anxiety from my internship days, wondering if I’ll measure up to their standards.

...about how I’m going to handle switching from being a part-timer to a full-timer, in a completely different job.

...about the work environment and how long it will take me to feel comfortable.

...about how long it will take me to get used to a new schedule and new duties.

...about what things in my life I will need to eliminate to make room for the new things in my life.

I know the next few weeks are going to be insane for me. There is so much I have to learn and do. The woman I will be working for told me she spent her first month in a fog with all the new stuff she had to learn. But I am taking the first step in the next stage of my life and it’s thrilling. I feel so blessed to be given this opportunity and I’m not going to take one day for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs