Friday, December 2, 2011

December Intentions

Tumblr_lviv8jiruo1qkuscwo1_500_large
source

I stopped doing posts on my monthly goals in September. I’m not sure why, but the posts felt a little forced and fake. I wasn’t fully chasing after the goals I set for myself and I knew I needed a break for a few months. And now since these types of posts are popping up all over the Interwebz and with the desire to bring back these posts, my monthly goal posts are back. (And hopefully better than ever!)

I won’t be recapping the goals I set for myself in September, but starting fresh with intentions for December.

This December, I will...

  • Drink water daily. I’m pretty good at drinking water on a daily basis and I want to make this more of an everyday habit. I still don’t drink enough water and I still have an addiction to soda, but I’m working on ridding myself from it. It starts by keeping soda out of my environment and make an intentional decision every day to fill up my cup with water and sip on it throughout the day. I know when I drink it regularly, my body starts to crave it.
  • Keep track of my budget by paying my bills first, keeping my Amazon budget under control, and taking out cash for any other purchases I want. I had a bit of a scary moment last month when I didn’t have enough money in the bank for one of my bills. Luckily, my mom loaned me the money and the bill was taken care of but there was no reason for me not to have money in my account for my bills. I know I need to figure out a better system for keeping track of my money - especially my spending money - so I’m devising a spreadsheet to help me figure out how much I need for bills, to pay my mom (for household bills + cruise saving), and how much is left over for myself. I tend to get click-happy on the Amazon website thanks to be insane appetite for reading which is something I need to keep track of better. December is a tough month for saving, but I’m hoping I can keep myself out of trouble by keeping track of where my money is going. (And only having cash on hand for my purchases!)
  • Attend my first jury summons. And try not to freak out too much. I always thought I would be excited to get a jury summons in the mail, but I’ve been dreading going to jury duty ever since I found out my date. It’s not that I had doing my civic duty, but it’s not something I want to spend one of my days off doing. (My work doesn’t pay me for it, so I have to take a personal day.) And I’m just nervous about the whole process of it all.
  • Turn off the computer by 9:00pm. I’m having a terrible time getting to bed at a decent hour lately. And since I’m now doing morning workouts, my alarm usually goes off at 5:15am Monday - Friday so I’m averaging less than 7 hours of sleep a night. (Not good for a girl who needs 8 solid hours.) I’m sleepy at work and that’s never a good thing. I think my problem lies with my laptop and being too caught up with what’s happening on it to shut it off and prepare for bed so I can be asleep at a decent hour. Shutting my computer off at 9:00pm is a step in that direction.
  • Open my mind and heart for the Joy Council, leaving behind the junk of 2011 and preparing for a kick-ass 2012. I am so excited I was able to join Stratejoy’s Joy Council this year and it’s already showing me things I want to change in 2012, as well as how thrilling 2011 was for me. I want to be able to keep my mind and heart open to be willing to seek changes in 2012 because while 2011 was a great year for me, I want 2012 to be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs