Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Week: A Christmas Meme

2645073q4ts59f2f5_large_large
source

1. The Christmas song I can even listen to in June is...
Anything! While it's weird to listen to Christmas music in the summer, I love this time of year so much, I don't mind it. Plus, this year? It barely even feels like Christmas with our hot temperatures! (I’m secretly hoping it will be warm enough on Christmas Eve to go to the beach.)

2. Hot chocolate, egg nog, or mulled wine?
Hot chocolate for sure! Egg nog is way too sweet for my liking and I've never heard of mulled wine. Is it different than regular wine?

3. When do you put your decorations up?
I like to put them up the weekend after Thanksgiving. I would put them up sooner if I could.

4. What are you having for Christmas dinner?
Honestly? No idea. My mom and I will be having my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew over but we're not keen on the idea of cooking another big meal like we did for Thanksgiving. We're thinking of something easy but hearty we could cook in the Crock-Pot but not sure what yet. (Ideas?)

5. What's your favorite Christmas tradition?
I love our tradition of waking up early to open Christmas presents. It's a pretty ordinary one but I love the anticipation Christmas Eve brings! Also, stockings. My mom fills them so full, they have to lay on their side on the table or propped up against presents under the tree. And they are always filled with such goodies!

6. Have you ever gone carol singing?
Never. And I don't think I ever want to. Not my thing!

7. When did you discover the truth about Santa?
"I was three. Christmas came. No Weenie whistle. That's when I stopped believing."*

No, actually, I was in second grade, so around seven/eight. I had suspected but was laughed at by my "friends" when I said I still believed. Kids are cruel.

8. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
It's a process, to say the least. My mom and I always end up having a terrible argument. This year, we have a pre-lit artificial tree. We thought this would make the tree decorating process easier. Welllll... no. Two parts of the tree burned out (we bought the tree LAST YEAR!) so we spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get it to light. No dice. We tried wrapping tinsel around the tree to make it more festive but we didn't have enough and it looked stupid. So now, we have a tree that lights up in three areas with our mismatched ornaments: some homemade, an insane amount of snowmen (my mom LOVES snowmen), and a small collection of gingerbread men (she now LOVES gingerbread men). It's not pretty, but it's our tree. I'm hoping 2012 is the year we can decorate the tree with no issues. I'm not holding my breath, though. ;)

9. What's the best thing about Christmas?
The presents? I'll admit it: I'm really looking forward to what's under the tree for me! I love giving gifts but come on, receiving is pretty sweet as well. I can't wait to see what others think of the gifts I gave them, as well! I tried hard this year and I think I did a pretty good job picking out presents.

10. All I want for Christmas is...
Other than a Kindle Touch, a new bedspread, or a new some of those delicious Snickers nutcrackers? I would like for my dad to call me and want to restore our relationship. That? That would make this Christmas the best one ever. That would be the best gift anyone could ever give me.

How old were you when you discovered the truth about Santa? Any ideas on what my mom and I should make for Christmas dinner? (We don’t much care about being traditional...)

*Only a quote from the best Christmas movie ever. Yes. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs