Friday, February 5, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 7)


One. Last week, I started setting my alarm at 4:30am. FOUR. THIRTY. AY. EM. Doesn't that just sound so wrong? But it's actually helped! I have to leave the house before 6:30am and by setting my alarm at 4:30, I can get up by 5am, shower, get dressed, get ready, get breakfast, get my lunch ready, get my bag(s) ready, etc. Yes, it's a process in the morning. But I get it done! Somewhat.

Two. I filed my taxes on Sunday night. I was hoping for a LOT more than I got. Wishful thinking? Perhaps. I was hoping to give a large chunk of it to my credit card that has a large balance but that won't be happening. So it's disappointing but after I lamented my misery on Twitter, I realized things could be a lot worse: I could owe money! Perspective.

Three. On Saturday night, my mom and I went out to Chili's for dinner. And since we spend about 90% of our time together, we usually don't have a lot to talk about at dinner. We were both trying to think about topics to talk about when she told me the FUNNIEST story of her first date with my dad. Basically, they went out to a nice restaurant and this was the conversation:

(Silence for many, many, MANY minutes.)
Dad: So, those are some nice pictures on the wall.
Mom: Yeah!
(Silence.)

I can't believe they actually got married after this date! Basically, these were the only words spoken during the entire date. I really couldn't stop laughing after hearing this. And I hope I never have a date like that.

Four. I went to Arby's on Sunday afternoon and sat near a mother, father, and their three children. Two of the children happened to be twins, about 9-10 months old. And the mom proceeded to give her babies Dr. Pepper and curly fries doused in ketchup. DR. PEPPER AND CURLY FRIES. And then she was trying to get her children to say the word soda. I don't know about you, but when I have some babies, soda is not a word I'm going to be teaching them at an early age. I couldn't believe this mother! Don't come crying to me when your twins are 50 pounds overweight at five-years-old. Idiot.

Five. I hate my phone. It's actually my mom's old phone that she generously gave to me when I lost mine. (She bought herself a new phone.) And it sucks. It's a BlackBerry that we bought in May 2009. It doesn't have a camera and cannot play music. It has enough memory to allow for UberTwitter and the BlackBerry App Store. But that's it. And it's slow. At least 5 times a day, it will stop working and show that stupid, little hourglass turning upside down over and over again. And I can't access anything during that time. I can't make calls, I can't see texts, nothing. So then I have to take my battery out, wait 10 seconds, put it back in, and then wait 5 minutes for it to start working again. I hate my phone. I'm due for an upgrade in May and I'm so getting a new one! (Did I mention my BLACKBERRY DOESN'T HAVE A CAMERA?!)

Six. On Monday night, I had a fantastic phone call three-way with two of my favorite bloggers, Nanny and Kaitlyn. We had our first phone chat in September, where I was half-dead and super boring from moving all day. And we had a really deep and heavy chat about faith. This time, I tried to be much more interesting, except I was working on an awful project and trying to get all my stuff ready for tomorrow. Anyway, I love these girls and they are awesome. Especially when I sent my project to Nanny and she helped me with a part I was having trouble with. And the fact that they didn't laugh at me when I told them I've never heard a Lady GaGa song.

Seven. Who are you rooting for in the Superbowl? If you know anything about me, you should know that I have an unnatural crush on Peyton Manning. He may not have the charm of Tony Romo, the looks of Tom Brady, or the ruggedness of Brett Favre. But he holds a special place in my heart with his country-boy twang, lanky frame, and insane football knowledge. So, yes, I'm rooting for the Colts!
 
Design by Designer Blogs