Friday, November 20, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 2)


I missed doing this last week, although I planned on it. Friday was a super busy day for me so I never got a chance to even got online, much less write a blog post! So here's my second installment! If you do one of your own, head over to ConversionDiary.com and submit your link.

One.
On Friday, I went to my brother's apartment after work. He had the day off and my mom was babysitting my nephew while he did some shopping. My nephew, who is almost 14 months, went through a period of bursting into tears whenever he saw my mom and me. And he would only calm down if we took him in his room to play with him. Separation anxiety at its finest! Well, this Friday, I came into the apartment and put the food I brought on the table. I turned around and my nephew is holding onto my brother's pants, with this humongous smile on his face. He let go of my brother and just about ran over to me to give me a hug! Then he sat down next to me and clapped! Seriously, best welcome ever! He's never done that, although he has gotten better about not crying his eyes out when we come over now.

Two.
Mom and I bought a new game called In A Pickle. I didn't read the instructions correctly, so we went through the entire 300+ deck of cards during our first game. Generally, for a two-player game, you go through 50 or so. Yeah. I realized that once we were mostly done with the game. But the game was a whole lot of fun!

Three.
Mom and I went to the recycling center to get rid of our plastic bottles, soda cans, and some glass last weekend. I love tossing the glass bottles into the bin and hearing the crash. It's a good stress reliever. Try it sometime!

Four.
I'm so close to the end of this semester! Although I was excited to begin the semester, I have experienced more stress and exhaustion than ever before. Probably not at the level I was at with my final internship but a close second. I only have 9 assignments to go until I'm finished! I will be so excited to have a break from writing and studying and researching. It'll be nice to recharge my batteries.

Five.
I really need to find 3 new purses. The one I use for school, when I bring my laptop, is one I've had for probably 3 years now. The one I use for school, when I don't bring my laptop, is one I've had for over a year now. And the last one I use, for when I go out, is one I've had for about 2 years. So I've been searching and have found the two I (tentatively) want:Both are from Kohl's. I actually found a really cute laptop bag from Target, but I can't find it on their online store. It's $30 and I really want it. I'll be putting all three on my Christmas List. (Yes, I still make those!)

Six.
I'm still not sure what I want to do with my hair. I like it long but like it short. I love feeling cute and sassy with a short hairstyle but also love the feel of my long hair. Because let's face it: I have beautiful hair. I've been told on numerous occasions by complete strangers how beautiful my hair is. It's my best feature. And yes, I'm a bit conceited when it comes to my hair. I have a hair appointment on Black Friday for a haircut. I'll be scouring hair magazines and hair websites in the meantime but I'm leaning toward a trim, but haven't decided whether to grow my bangs out (they're chin-length now) or cut them. I'm usually not this indecisive when it comes to my hair.

Seven.
I went to work in a horrible mood on Wednesday. And I try but it's really, really hard to stay in a bad mood when surrounded by bubbly, joyful two-year-olds. Granted, they are not always that way but bright early in the morning, they are bubbly and joyful. Kids just have such a great spirit about them. It's hard to stay in an awful mood with happy kids!
 
Design by Designer Blogs