Monday, February 20, 2012

This Weekend, I...

weekend 

  • Reactivated my Facebook account. I’ve been on a four-month hiatus and while it was good to be away, it’s also very good to be back.
  • Reconnected with one of my best friends and have already made plans for a movie date. I have felt so lost without her in my life that I feel a little more centered.
  • Attended my third boot camp. It doesn’t seem to be getting any easier but I’m finding myself able to make it through the exercises without wanting to rip out my lungs. I consider this major progress.
  • Felt completely devoid of any creative energy. I had planned on getting a few scheduled posts out on Saturday but a huge writing assignment on Friday seemed to zap all my creativity.
  • Bought my first bag of Robin’s Eggs of this Easter season... that supposedly starts in February now?
  • Saw my nephew, recovering from his surgery on Friday. He’s still feeling punky, but doing well. (Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!)
  • Came to a lot of decisions on what I want my word for 2012 to truly embody. And while I feel so far away from the word health lately, it’s only February. And taking a step back, acknowledging my mistakes, and deciding to grow from it is all I can do right now.
  • Finished my 14th book of this year.
  • Designed a little cleaning chart for my mom and I to use. I’ve grown incredibly lax on cleaning and the chart is more for me, to make sure I’m holding up my end of the chores.
  • Went on a movie date with my brother. Our last one was in 2006 so we were very overdue. I’m so glad I have such a close relationship with him and that he’s one of my closest friends.
  • Announced the March #twookclub book: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close! It wasn’t my pick, but what I love most about book clubs is the opportunity to read a book you wouldn’t otherwise pick up. I can’t wait to dig in!

Just a quick note! My giveaway ends tonight! I’m giving away one pre-made design from Yellow & Savvy Design’s Etsy shop. Your choice! I’ll announce the winner tomorrow.

Have you ever deactivated your Facebook account? If not, would you ever do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all giddy with excitement.

 
Design by Designer Blogs